Why become a member? ×

Please allow me to introduce myself!

EddiePlaysBass

Hello All,

My name's David but I've been going by the moniker of EddiePlaysBass for years now, so I guess most people will start referring to me as Eddie at some point :-) I got into playing bass 12 or 13 years ago: went out for drinks with my friends and we decided to start a band. I volunteered to sing, which turned out to be a bad idea ... So I bought a cheap bass (a MusicMan imitation by a brand called Samick) and off I went!

I do not have that bass anymore, but I do still have the Ibanez BTB405QM I bought to replace it. Didn't keep the Yamaha TRBII 6-string (what was I thinking?) but I do still have - and use as my main bass - the MIA Fender Jazz Marcus Miller signature 5-string for which I traded in said Yamaha. Along the way I also picked up a cheap 5-string fretless Palmer and a 4-string Squier Classic Vibe '50s Precision which I am currently setting up to my liking. Oh and an NS Design WAV4 which currently is not used quite as much as I'd like or need to!

I've gone from pop to poprock to hardrock to metal to rockabilly (for about 7 years, hence the electric upright) and have settled on blues with a heavy dose of rock for the past two years with [url="http://www.dustydollar.be"]Dusty Dollar[/url]. Recently our singer and one of the guitarists quit and we're now trying to reinvent the band. Finding a great singer to replace a great singer is proving to be a lot more cumbersome than I thought it would be!

Anyway, I will be lurking for a while and posting from time to time.

Cheers,

Dave/EPB