Why become a member? ×

Wrong Lead

Hobbayne

So my fender Rumble 350 turns up this morning. After unpacking it from its ridiculously over sized box I go to plug it in and give it a bit of a test, only to find a foreign two pin plug kettle lead in the box but no uk one.
Luckily I have a few leads languishing in my gig bag so I was able to test it.
I did ring DV to complain and they will send me another one. Only a small problem I know, but I would expect a proper pre delivery inspection.

Edited by Hobbayne

When I recieved my Terror Bass head it only had the foreign 2 pin kettle lead with it.
Same thing happened to a guitarist friend of mine when he got his tiny terror. Also after he sent it off to repair it came back with out his kettle lead but a replacement 2 pin one.

Everything I've ever got through thomann had a euro plug, but being based in Germany it's to be expected. I'd have thought that most of the stuff we buy is made for "Europe" and comes from the manufacturer with a euro plug, but would expect DV to have swapped out the lead to a UK plug though.

I was sold a 4 channel mixer with a euro blister plug once, which was a bit of a pisser :rolleyes: A travel adapter sorted it.

Exactly the same for me when I bought my Rumble from Gear4Music. Likewise though, they were very good and sent on the correct lead the next day.

Probably just goes to show though that they're brought in boxed and don't see the light of day until someone buys one.

A few years ago I ordered a new Ashown Perfect Ten mini rig, when it came - in original factory packing, the proper UK mains lead was stuffed down the front of the amp causing some serious scratches on the front panel. I phoned to complain & a replacement was checked before sending out for next day, the damaged one collected the day after. All very well sorted by Sounds Live.

[quote name='KiOgon' timestamp='1364911506' post='2032493']
A few years ago I ordered a new Ashown Perfect Ten mini rig, when it came - in original factory packing, the proper UK mains lead was stuffed down the front of the amp causing some serious scratches on the front panel. I phoned to complain & a replacement was checked before sending out for next day, the damaged one collected the day after. All very well sorted by Sounds Live.
[/quote]

Similar incident with a LM3 from another store. The plug took the paint off the back of the amp.

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1364909539' post='2032453']
Only a small problem I know, but I would expect a proper pre delivery inspection.
[/quote]

PDI costs time and money. Margins are being squeezed by online suppliers. The item may also have been shipped direct from a warehouse without ever being seen by the retailer it was purchased from. Might even be a 'grey' import (does this happen much these days?).

All of which are possible reasons but not acceptable excuses.

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1365106428' post='2035525']
As I understand it, it is a legal requirement for mains-powered portable kit (e.g. bass amps!) to come with a UK mains lead. (There is an exemtion for 'bathroom appliances like shavers and toothbrushes).
[/quote]

Obviously its not a well known legal requirement then! :rolleyes: Still, DV247 had a replacement lead at my front door at 8.30 the following morning so top marks to them. :happy: