Why become a member? ×

One for the metal heads!

lou24d53

[url="http://www.notreble.com/buzz/2013/03/28/machine-head-holding-open-auditions-for-bassist/"]http://www.notreble.com/buzz/2013/03/28/machine-head-holding-open-auditions-for-bassist/[/url]

Looking for a really sweet summer job? A month after splitting with longtime bassist [b]Adam Duce[/b], Machine Head is searching for a temporary bassist to play with them during this summer’s Mayhem Festival. The veteran metal band announced their bass auditions on their [url="http://www.facebook.com/MachineHead/posts/10151396865613823"]Facebook page[/url].

The audition requires bassists to record “standalone performances” of themselves playing and singing along to the songs “This is The End,” “Halo,” and “Beautiful Morning.” Applicants must also include a one to two minute statement about their musical experience, playing, and touring experience. After uploading the videos to YouTube, you have to email links of the videos to [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email].
Machine Head will narrow down the entries to potential candidates then hold in-person tryouts. Are you going to try out?

Go on, batter in guys...!!!! :)

It'd be worth it just to see the expression on my old guitarist's face - he was a massive fan and always trying to get us to go in that direction :) I know I couldn't pull it off though - we used to play Davidian and I had a hard enough time nailing that every practise.

[quote name='jonthebass' timestamp='1364490687' post='2027251']
Guys, go for it!
How cool would it be to see a BC'er get this gig :lol:
[/quote]

I could do it - providing they were looking for another sex symbol to front the band - but I have promised to sort out the bathroom and the kitchen as soon as the weather gets better . Bummer !

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' timestamp='1364503379' post='2027501']
If they're on youchoob, a quick search ought to turn up a few...
[/quote]

Looking forward to that . I have got a playalong video of myself somewhere at home doing some Kool And The Gang numbers that I did to try out my new video camera a while back . Maybe I could send them that ?

Edited by Dingus

If my home situation was different I'd audition for this, and I'd like to think, be at least not terrible. However, realistically there's no point as in the unlikely event that I got it, I can't take 3 months off work and leave my wife and kids at home to go off galavanting on tour across the states, as great as that sounds.