Why become a member? ×

FT: Ken Lawrence ChamberBrase 5 Premium Koa Top - Gone
£5800

mrbassman_de

I know it is a long shot but I am looking for a Fodera 6 string in very good condition and offer this wonderful and brandnew masterpiece from Kenneth Lawrence as a trade-in, a Chamberbrase II 5-string with a breathtaking Koa Top.

SOLD !!!

Kenneth Lawrence Chamber Brase II 5

Body: Chambered one piece Alder with premium Hawaiian Curly Koa top
Neck: 3 piece Eastern Maple, Hawaiian Curly Koa head cap
Fingerboard: African Ebony with "Blind binding", Australian Paua Shell Block Inlays
Finish: Oil and Wax
Pickups: Nordstrand hum-cancelling J pickups in matching Ebony covers
Preamp: Pope 4-Bd Flexcore
Scale: 34"
Weight: around 4kg
Built in August 2012
Estrella Gigbag

The top is from the same wood piece which Ken used for his own Chamberbrase. A wonderful bass with a fantastic organic, wooden sound, silky highs and warm mids and lows. The bass listed for 9.300 Euro and is nearly unplayed - not a single mini mark on it. I purchased it in August 2012 new from clubbass.ca.

I am looking for a Fodera 6 string only - scale does not matter. Even 36" are fine with me. Not too heavy !

Please do not offer anything else, I would let this go only for the right Fodera 6 ! Trade value about 5.800 GBP. The bass is located in Duesseldorf / Germany.

Let me know what you have... I'm not really expecting offers, but who knows :-)

Edited by mrbassman_de

That is probably the most amazing bass I have ever seen... (Besides my 10 string of course!)

I want this... BUT as the case so often is, there's just no way I could ever justify that kind of spend. The bass is worth every penny, but I'd have to sell BOTH testicles to afford it, and I need at least one.

Awesome bass... If you ever want to trade it for 2 custom 6 strings instead of 1 fodera, let me know. I could probably make a reasonable offer!

:gas: this looks so stunning... i can`t help myself, but everytime i look at the shape of a chamberbrase i see a little cute icebear lying on a neck and i`m in love :gas:

just out of curiosity: is the flexcore pre the stock pre? how does it sound? Edited by doki