Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BB1025

ikay

I'm interested in trying one of these (ideally the version without the pickguard and control plate) but stocks seem to be generally pretty scarce and a few sites (such as Thomann) are saying no longer available.. Are they still part of the current product range or about to be discontinued does anyone know?

I would be very surprised if they had discontinued them already - they haven't been out that long , and seem to be a popular model . U.K retailers still seem to list them as currently available . Your best bet would be to ring Yamaha or a retailer and find out . The model with the scratchplate and control plate is the "x" model eg 1025[u]x [/u]is what you are after .

Edited by Dingus

Yamaha might also be able to tell you who has one in stock for you to try . From memory , I think Chappels of Bond Street are a flagship dealer for Yamaha , and might have one to demo , but failing that Bass Direct usually have one in stock if you are thinking about travelling further afield .

Edited by Dingus

Thanks Dingus and Mudpup. I prefer the non-X version which seems to be more scarce than the X. BassDirect are only showing one 1025X in stock (no 1025s), but I've contacted Mark and he's checking what's in the pipeline. He's confirmed that they're still current, just in short supply. I'll also check with Chappels, they're a bit less of a treck than Warwick and less dangerous for someone with even moderate GAS to visit than BD!

[quote name='ikay' timestamp='1362603143' post='2002101']
Thanks Dingus and Mudpup. I prefer the non-X version which seems to be more scarce than the X. BassDirect are only showing one 1025X in stock (no 1025s), but I've contacted Mark and he's checking what's in the pipeline. He's confirmed that they're still current, just in short supply. I'll also check with Chappels, they're a bit less of a treck than Warwick and less dangerous for someone with even moderate GAS to visit than BD!
[/quote]

Sorry , I read the original post wrong and thought you were after the model [i]with [/i]the scratchplate ect . I saw a pickture of a white 2025 somewhere and it looked great .

EDIT :

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1362604609' post='2002135']
Dammit, I'm gassing for one of these, now! First Warwick, then Yamaha. What's going on? :huh:
[/quote]

You would like these . The sound from the Precision pickup is massive - when you turn your amp up you can feel it hitting you in the chest .

Great basses, I'm getting one later this year. Tried many in shops, and last weekend at the London Bass Show thingy. The difference in quality/sound/finish between 1025 and 2025 is smaller than the difference in price, much smaller.

[quote name='TPJ' timestamp='1362606942' post='2002193']
Just wish they'd use V V T instead of that pickup switch
[/quote]

I dunno, I quite like the idea of that...
I've never owned a bass with two pickups and I'd like to be quite sure about which one I was using! :D

Edited by discreet

[quote name='TPJ' timestamp='1362606942' post='2002193']
Just wish they'd use V V T instead of that pickup switch
[/quote]

that's what I thought before I got my BB415. I had even bought the balance pot and arranged a soldering-skilled man to do the modification, but started liking the existing design very quickly.