Why become a member? ×

line selecting/mixing channel looping on a budget.

Prime_BASS

I want to do what basically the ls-2 does from boss, in regards to mixing two seprate channels with independant volumes into one output.
Being a snob i want true bypass, but anything that does what the ls-2 can (brand new) is more than pricey.
I'm looking at my options for cheapo channel mixers.

I already have a loooper which can add a blended loop to a dry signal but I really need two channels that are independent of each other. So I was thinking if my loooper can output on both the output and effects send (without the return being used) could I use something like an A/V mixer to mix both outputs back into one signal.?

well if you use a mixer to mix two chains back together I think that would be buffered? Maybe not.

I used to use one of those mini line mixers for this purpose - 3 jack sockets, 3 knobs, and one jack lead coming out of it. I think I got it for £10 from Ebay

EDIT: That was a totally passive line mixer so wouldn't have had a buffer

Edited by cheddatom

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1361917244' post='1993171']
I would stop being a girl about it, but its always on the back of mind I'm not too fussed about the dirt in one loop, but I still want the option of it being off and not effected by anything.
[/quote]

Often that doesn't go with cheap though, unfortunately. I'd agree with the others here, stick with the LS-2.

If you really want uneffected then leave the LS-2 on all the time but put that in it's own TB loop (two loops within a loop). Alternatively, pick up the true bypass circuit from Jack Deville and you get the LS-2 but with true bypass. Shep's right though, true bypass isn't the be-all-end-all.

I have done some reading and found that buffered an be good however my chain is not going to be massive long, and from what else I've read the buffer in the ls-2 is a little pants.

So right now I'm going with a a+b passive box, my wireless reciever has two outputs so going to have two rows of outputs coming from that.