Why become a member? ×

For Sale; Fender Vintage 1973 Jazz Bass, 3 Colour Sunburst, Hiscox Case

B-aces

In very good condition, I have had this bass for 6 years, before that it had two previous owners.

There are obvious signs of wear, a few marks and dings here and there, most of which I have shown in the photos.

There is a slight crack on the top of the neck where the binding meets the headstock, this was repaired however by a luthier called Nigel Stockbridge and it is perfectly solid.

The binding is slightly grubby from use but overall, not only is it in good shape, it plays fantastic also!

All pots and pickups are original. I also have the original ashtray, pickup cover and finger rest (not shown in the photos, I'll upload these later tonight) but not the original hardcase. A hiscox hardcase is included.

Looking for £2,300.00 ONO. If you're interested, please inbox me, or email me at [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email].

Cash or paypal only. If it needs to be shipped, there will be a £10.00 courier charge, although I would prefer collection. No exchanges, sale only.

Joe

Edited by B-aces

[quote name='B-aces' timestamp='1361885990' post='1992418']
In very good condition, I have had this bass for 6 years, before that it had two previous owners.

There are obvious signs of wear, a few marks and dings here and there, most of which I have shown in the photos.

There is a slight crack on the top of the neck where the binding meets the headstock, this was repaired however by a luthier called Nigel Stockbridge and it is perfectly solid.

The binding is slightly grubby from use but overall, not only is it in good shape, it plays fantastic also!

All pots and pickups are original. I also have the original ashtray, pickup cover and finger rest (not shown in the photos, I'll upload these later tonight) but not the original hardcase. A hiscox hardcase is included.

Looking for £2,300.00 ONO. If you're interested, please inbox me, or email me at [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email].

Cash or paypal only. If it needs to be shipped, there will be a £10.00 courier charge, although I would prefer collection. No exchanges, sale only.

Joe
[/quote]

Where are you based??

• 3 weeks later...

I've asked Joe to weigh this, as I recall it's very light for a 70's Jazz. Also to add that Howard S. (THE BassDoc) has verified all the parts / aspects as being original. (... although I've now already done that). This is a really nice / proper /early 70's Jazz - if you're considering one I'd get an offer PM'd. Joe and I were playing at the same venue on Friday and he mentioned maybe taking it to andybaxterbass.com (.... at which point I assume it'll become more expensive)

[quote name='paulmcnamara' timestamp='1364051086' post='2021378']
What sort of commission does Andy Baxter charge?
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure it's 20% (and that others charge 15%). So if Joe wanted £2k for the bass (for a simple example - not sure if this is the case), then it would be £2000 on BC, but £2400 via andyb' (and £2300 commissioned elsewhere).

[quote name='eubassix' timestamp='1364230104' post='2023530']
I'm pretty sure it's 20% (and that others charge 15%). So if Joe wanted £2k for the bass (for a simple example - not sure if this is the case), then it would be £2000 on BC, but £2400 via andyb' (and £2300 commissioned elsewhere).
[/quote]

However Joe wants £2300 for the bass so it would be £2760 with Andy's commission! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...