Why become a member? ×

Trade; MY Stingray 4 for a Stingray 5

I've got a near-mint condition black/maple Stingray 4 which I am looking to trade for a black/maple Stingray 5 string (possible small cash adjustment too).

Why black and maple? My wife bought me this, so if it's the same colour scheme, she'll never know (hahahaha!!)

I no longer have the case for it, but I'd be happy to do a swap for just the bass.

I know this is a real "out there" feeler, but if you don't ask you don't get.

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='204999' date='May 23 2008, 02:33 PM']Why black and maple? My wife bought me this, so if it's the same colour scheme, she'll never know (hahahaha!!)[/quote]

Ha! Ha! Ha! Don't you believe it. I sold a red Sterling and bought a red SR5 a while back and it was spotted immediately.

[quote name='obbm' post='205001' date='May 23 2008, 02:39 PM']Ha! Ha! Ha! Don't you believe it. I sold a red Sterling and bought a red SR5 a while back and it was spotted immediately.[/quote]
I know, but if I can get it down to a "no darling, you're mistaken" conversation it's better than a "Where the Hell is that bass I bought you?" one...

You've met Alice Dave. I'm sure you can understand my cowardice!!

I once replaced an Alembic Mark King coco with Green Led's for a Series II Alembic coco with Red Led's !!

I claimed the pickup selector was an LED controller (like the GB's Darling) which changed the colours of the Led's

She asked me to turn them green again...... game over !!

I cooked the tea and did the dishes that night......!!

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='205004' date='May 23 2008, 02:43 PM']I know, but if I can get it down to a "no darling, you're mistaken" conversation it's better than a "Where the Hell is that bass I bought you?" one...

You've met Alice Dave. I'm sure you can understand my cowardice!![/quote]

If I meet Alice you can be assured that I will remain stumm, unlike a work colleague who came up to us at a company function and asked if my new bass had arrived yet, the one I hadn't got around to mentioning at home. Whoops!!! He emigrated to Canada.

[quote name='obbm' post='205058' date='May 23 2008, 03:48 PM']If I meet Alice you can be assured that I will remain stumm, unlike a work colleague who came up to us at a company function and asked if my new bass had arrived yet, the one I hadn't got around to mentioning at home. Whoops!!! He emigrated to Canada.[/quote]

I remember when I dropped round the DJ4 to you. You said that if your wife answered to tell her I was there to pick up some cables!

Ever the old pro Dave...

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='204999' date='May 23 2008, 02:33 PM']too).

Why black and maple? My wife bought me this, so if it's the same colour scheme, she'll never know (hahahaha!!)[/quote]

Nick, you've no chance.....my wife seems to feign complete disinterest in my basses but amazingly always knows if I've changed anything - even a change of white to minty pick guard. You should know by now that women are an alien race with special superpowers that are all aimed at subjegating their menfolk :)

Also if you find someone willing to swap a SR5 for a SR4 - ask if he has another and wants another SR4.