Why become a member? ×

Japanese fender squier jazz bass silver series

Shaz

Hi there all,

My partner has a Japanese fender squier jazz bass silver series which he no longer plays for various reasons and we are looking to sell it but not really sure where to start. So we have join this group to see if any of you are able to point us in the right direction to get the money it is worth.

Thanks Sharon

[quote name='Shaz' timestamp='1361476280' post='1986410']
Hi there all,

My partner has a Japanese fender squier jazz bass silver series which he no longer plays for various reasons and we are looking to sell it but not really sure where to start. So we have join this group to see if any of you are able to point us in the right direction to get the money it is worth.

Thanks Sharon
[/quote]
I had one, they are very good generally, mine played and sounded great. The market is quite depressed at the moment but I'd expect to pay around £200 for a good one I reckon.

My main Jazz Is a Silver Squier with a Precision neck. The pickups sound deeper than most Jazzes. They were made between 1992 and 1994 in Japan and go for about £200 normally. I forked out £250 for mine but that's because I really, really wanted one after playing a friends Silver Squier and really liking the sound.

I bought a Silver Series P bass yesterday on eBay for £200, which I think is cheap. One went the day before for £185, which is even cheaper! If it is in good nick I would say £250? If you really don't need the money I would hang on to it as I am sure the value will increase.

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1361480335' post='1986496']
My main Jazz Is a Silver Squier with a Precision neck. The pickups sound deeper than most Jazzes. They were made between 1992 and 1994 in Japan and go for about £200 normally. I forked out £250 for mine but that's because I really, really wanted one after playing a friends Silver Squier and really liking the sound.
[/quote] mine is the same - japan silver series jazz, silver series Precision neck. New body and pickguard but the same pickups... they do sound good don't they! Not much like a normal fender jazz

• 2 weeks later...