Why become a member? ×

Farida FJB-20 sunburst Jazz

daz

I am just putting this up to get a feel of what the market is for this bass. It will probably have to go unless I get a job in the next month. But unless i get a decent price I;d rather keep hold of it and go without.

Lovely bass. I also have its twin brother in P bass format,(FPB-18) which I am definately holding on too. So I wont feel[i] too [/i]bereft. :unsure:

It has a swamp ash body and a maple neck, maple fingerboard and has Alnico V J Pickups. Two volume and one tone. Bolt On neck with an 864mm scale length. Also comes with strap-locks, but I will be keeping the Levy strap for sentimental value. :unsure:

I would put this head to head with any Fender Jazz bass and not worry about the outcome. Many far more experienced bass players say the Farida is better. In all honesty I dont have the experience to give detailed comparisons. All I know is how it sounds, and it sounds just as good as any Fender jazz that I have heard.

Price ?? Well they dont make them any more. But at one time Dawsons were retailing them at over £700

So Im asking for £300 or a very near offer. Numerically, 2 may be near to 3, but that don't mean 200 is near to 300 ;)

I have already turned down two offers of £200. Not that I have any objections to lowballing. :yarr: You get nothing unless you ask is my motto. But really i will not be selling it for that price. I already nearly sold it last year when i needed a new car, but thats just when Dawsons put their price down for a short while. So i thought if i could not get a decent price for it, then it would almost be an insult to the bass itself to sell it that low. Just because it says Farida and not Fender on the headstock.

PS:

If anyone wants to have a try of it before buying, then it'll have to be at your place though, as my rig is at my elderly parents house, and the cab is seriously heavyweight just to move for a 10 minute test jam. I only go there to plug it in when they are out :)..

Sometimes its so loud i don't hear them coming back and my dad comes in saying [i]"I could hear that racket vibrating three streets away" [/i]

Its almost like being a teenager again. and being told to "turn that bloody racket down. I can't hear the telly" :D

Edited by daz

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1360911102' post='1978163']
Rules state that you must put a price up.
They were being sold new as low as £220 about a year ago then the price shot up suddenly. I know this because I bought one ;)
[/quote]

Ah yes I forgot. don't really know what to say. They were £700 when they came out, they went up and down. They were priced in the £200s for a short while at Dawsons, but they couldn't actually get hold of any if i remember correctly. I seriously doubt many were sold at that price. Then they decided to stop making them and the last batch went for about £700. So then that was it, they stopped making them for some unfathomable reason. The same thing happened to another Farida bass I own, but I would need to be starving to sell that. Namely the FPB18 which was a P bass made to a higher standard than the normal FJB6 (The FJB6 is the only one they make now and retails for £300)

So I'd say £300 or thereabouts is what I want for it.

Edited by daz

[quote name='bagsieblue' timestamp='1361045266' post='1980395']
Have you seen the PM I sent you Daz?
[/quote]

yes just answered with sincere appologies and explaination for lateness.

(No password in my laptop for this forum, although I was sure i knew what it was [On my home PC I normally have it set to auto log in] The really annoying thing is, when i got back and checked the password i had tried entering, it was exactly the bloody same!! Why does that happen ? Its far from the first time its happened to me and on several forums ?)

Edited by daz

[quote name='krispn' timestamp='1363879346' post='2018824']
Why does £299 look so much more appealing than £300! bump
[/quote]

Down to £295 and thats as low as I go.

I dont think i actually want it to sell really. :( Been playing it every day over the last month. I may have to put it up to £400

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Admittedly I'm a Farida lover, and Farida bass prices have been all over the place, £700+ here though - [url="http://www.imusician.co.uk/acatalog/farida_fjb-20_tobacco_sunburst.html"]http://www.imusician.co.uk/acatalog/farida_fjb-20_tobacco_sunburst.html[/url]