Why become a member? ×

Rickenbacker 4003 Limited Edition Walnutburst 2012 one of 25 £1500 ***SOLD PENDING***

geofio

As many of you guys that know me and have dealt with me on basschat, i was diagnosed with a muscle and nerve condition and this is now affecting my hands and fingers , i have decided i really do have to call it a day now. it's just too painful to play, i just purchased this fantastic limited edition 4003 a couple of months ago. as you can see a striking looking finish!!!! and the good thing is the bass sounds as good as it looks!!! and for you guys who have purchased ric's from me in the past know i dont buy any bad ric's. i have played a lot of new 4003's and they were awful, this one is just fantastic sounding deep growl with smooth high end. i have set it up for low action without fret buzz. which suits the neck, everything is as it should be on a ric.
the bass was manufactured on 2nd week of january 2012 and is one of 25 on the planet in limited walnutburst. the bass comes with certificate of authenticity, i will also include a brand new spare bridge £90 worth and the ric tool for adjusting the truss rods £22, all case candy and ric hardcase looking for £1500 including delivery . all my other bass related gear is up for sale , it's been fun for 32 years time to stop. cheers George 01294 604281 my feedback [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/164771-geofio-feedback/page__p__1947797__hl__geofio__fromsearch__1#entry1947797"]http://basschat.co.u..._1#entry1947797[/url]
video of bass SOLD PENDING PAYMENT

Edited by geofio

Daaaaamn...just went to your youtube clips of this bass through your profile. My dad had to come in and see what I was listening to, you've really nailed a great tone there!! :o . Sorry to hear about your condition, is it at all similar to the reason why Scott Devine wears that glove when he plays??

Hi Schnozzalee, thanks mate , it is a great sounding 4003 never mind the paint job!!! i dont know what condition scott devine has, i have something called foraminal stenosis which is basically bone in my cervical spine is pushing against my spinal cord and the nerves that come off it. i have been fighting it for a while but my left thumb is just agony, I have no power in it left to press against the neck so time to retire. cheers

Edited by geofio

Really sorry to hear that George, that's such a shame. I have spinal stenosis with mild cord compression (amongst other things) but am currently still able to play. What a sad reason to have to stop playing.

Best of luck with the sale; in other circumstances I'd have considered this but I just don't have any availables at the moment.

Really sorry to hear that George - hope there's some light at the end of the tunnel for you.

On a brighter note, that's a great price for a lovely limited 4003!

Can fully vouch for George as a 100% great seller. My 4003 used to be his, and it's one of the best I've owned! :)[size=4] [/size]