Why become a member? ×

Bass Relay Gigs/locations/appearances

Jimryan

Huge thanks to Kev for coming down all the way from Chester in the less-than-Springlike weather. His rewards were a cup of dreadful coffee, a quick stroke of my Guinea Pigs (not a euphemism...) and the loverlee Bassbaton. Shame on you Midlanders for not grabbing this before now, but it's in good hands. The legend continues.

And speaking of legends, here's one for the laydeez....
[attachment=130982:IMAG0219.jpg]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='rushbo' timestamp='1364153107' post='2022609']
Huge thanks to Kev for coming down all the way from Chester in the less-than-Springlike weather. His rewards were a cup of dreadful coffee, a quick stroke of my Guinea Pigs (not a euphemism...) and the loverlee Bassbaton. Shame on you Midlanders for not grabbing this before now, but it's in good hands. The legend continues.

And speaking of legends, here's one for the laydeez....
[attachment=130982:IMAG0219.jpg]
[/quote]

I've been on me holidays, otherwise I would have been well up for this as it passed through the Black Country.
Anyway, if it comes this way again on the way down I'll be in there. I always do a jam night in Tipton on the 2nd Tues of the month so hope it might co-incide with this one day.

I'm picking the baton up from Steve today, and so it will be making its next appearance on the 13th of April, at The Green Star, Smallthorne, Stoke-on-Trent! Event page below

[url="https://www.facebook.com/events/277677872335281/"]https://www.facebook.com/events/277677872335281/[/url]

• 1 year later...

Some pictures on Facebook of my trip to Islay with The Tonkerers and the Purple Princess. After getting off to a good start with a health collection of not far off £40 at a fairly quiet Falkirk gig we were hoping to raise a good sum on Islay. Unfortunately the trip turned into a bit of a painfull learning experience for us as the event was being promoted on our behalf and very little on the ground promotion had actually been undertaken. Galling as we not only personally lost about £450 on the trip but heard countless times next day that we had put on a good show but nobody had known anything about it in advance. We could have done remote publicity ourselves with local contact points easily identifiable via the internet. With the benefit of hindsight we now know how keen local shops, b&bs and self catering establishments are to know about local events and happy to display posters and circulate flyers etc.The local shops are even happy to arrange ticketing - again that had been the original plan but it hadn't been put into action. Our Islay collection generated the princely sum of £9.99 - most of which was donated in the pub!

Sob story over! The Tonkerers have a final stint with the Relay Bass this Saturday at The Butterfly and the Pig West in Glasgow. Will fill you in on how we get on!

[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1365166809' post='2036211']... I'm sure Kev will update the map too.[/quote]

The map is still lacking the events since January. Is there any problem with the updating..? Just sayin'; it may be 'work in progress'.