Why become a member? ×

Bass Relay Gigs/locations/appearances

Jimryan

[quote name='Gazm' timestamp='1363024844' post='2007177']
icastle I bet you know the infamous Tommo the drummer then?
[/quote]

Possibly - is he the guy that always drums in bare feet?

Apart from a couple of gigs in the Queens Head (the other pub in the village) and the main 'slot' at Heather Music Festival a while back, I don't really play that locally.

[quote name='rushbo' timestamp='1363030281' post='2007340']
Mummy I'm scared. Heather sounds frightening. I might just put the BassBaton in a taxi and rock gently back and forth in my 'special room' until Sunday.
[/quote]

Nah, Heather is fine.

...just make sure you go to the toilets in pairs...

:lol:

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1363030708' post='2007355']
Nah, Heather is fine.

...just make sure you go to the toilets in pairs...

:lol:
[/quote]

Great advice..."Hey guys, I'm just off to the loo - anybody want to join me?"

I'll take my chances with the natives, ta!

[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1363032420' post='2007404']
I think the only thing I can say in regards to this gig Ian...is good luck, whether it be the natives, the pub or a toilet related incident...good luck :-p
[/quote]

Cheers.
Will drawn up.
Credit card maxed out.
Parting 'gift' for the boss

...I'm ready for Heather.

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1363032991' post='2007419']
And just remember...

A silent audience is okay... as long as they're not moving towards you... :lol:
[/quote]

Amen to that.

We played a Biker gig in West Brom on Saturday. Decent sized crowd, nice room...all the good stuff. We did two sets - 32 songs. I'd estimate that there was silence between the first 20, polite applause for the next 6 and the remainder were cheered as if we were The Who. This may have had something to do with Beer. At the end of the night there was a queue of people wanting to say hi, shake hands and tell us how we rocked. This was all very lovely, but a little indication whilst we were actually rocking would have been nice!
Still...nice folks (if a little quiet) and we're going back in June. And at least now I know what to expect!
Oh yeah...BassBaton anyone?

Hearbreaker - Heather 16 03 13

Please let me know if you're stepping up for the BassBaton as space is at a premium in the wagon. If noone throws their hat in the ring, it'll stay at home...

Edited by rushbo

Well, I survived Heather - mainly due to the rather scrummy Pie and Chips I scoffed between sets. (Note to self...NEVER eat a big meal in a 10 minute break between sets...) Apart from completely pooching 'My Brother Jake', we played well and I got home intact. If slightly bloated.

My next gig is April 12 (The Roadhouse, Birmingham) so if anyone can use it before then, please get in touch for a handover.

I'd hate to think people have forgotten about this....

Rushbo
x

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1363912504' post='2019615']
I cant see this sitting still , if there is no-one picking it up , I will come and get it on Sunday morning , I have a gig next Thursday that will be a craic , I will wait till Saturday to see if anyone else dibs in
[/quote]

I now knight thee, SIR Lurksalot.

A fantastic idea should it not get moved. Cheers dude.

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1363912504' post='2019615']
I cant see this sitting still , if there is no-one picking it up , I will come and get it on Sunday morning , I have a gig next Thursday that will be a craic , I will wait till Saturday to see if anyone else dibs in
[/quote]

If you do get it, I'll shout for it next. I got nothin' till 13/4 but then get quite busy.

Thanks To Ian (Rushbo) I am now in posession of the baton.

The gig will be at the Golden Eagle in Chester city centre this Thursday 28th March , I know there are a fair few local BCers, so who wants to take it on .

shout up , and hopefully we can do the swap on the evening .