Why become a member? ×

Another strange dream ( from a strange bc 'er);

Well, I know there was a dream thread from another bass chatter .I forgot that, but before I forget this dream , thought I'd better tell you about it .

All I can remember is me being in a pub on a Friday night. Can't remember who with.
Then all of a sudden, I trip over my steinberger bass.(yes the one for sale here);
The neck is broken and the body is splintered.
All of a suddenGrajam Noden(Denmark st. Repairs) offers to fix it .price £350, because he knows me ,

Weird,)

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1359801316' post='1960407']
Well, I know there was a dream thread from another bass chatter .I forgot that, but before I forget this dream , thought I'd better tell you about it .

All I can remember is me being in a pub on a Friday night. Can't remember who with.
Then all of a sudden, I trip over my steinberger bass.(yes the one for sale here);
The neck is broken and the body is splintered.
All of a suddenGrajam Noden(Denmark st. Repairs) offers to fix it .price £350, because he knows me ,

Weird,)
[/quote]
I have a few dreams like that Ray but usually after a few pints of 'Naked Ladies' from Twickenham Brewery ;)

The guitar in question is a thorn in your side (splintered body). Dreams are how we decipher all the information we are subjected to throughout the day, mainly of a social nature. does the guitar have a connection to a particular person or represent something that you identify with a type of person? A little thought can tell you exactly what your subconscious is trying to tell you about your dealings with other human beings. The human mind is an amazing thing and knows all. Dont think for a second that the dream was actually about the pub or guitar. That is just how your conscious mind translated it for you. The clues are there, you have to figure it out.
Think what it is that every aspect of the dream represents to you and the answer to the puzzle will reveal itself. :)

[quote name='lettsguitars' timestamp='1359843040' post='1961180']...Dreams are how we decipher all the information we are subjected to throughout the day, mainly of a social nature...and the answer to the puzzle will reveal itself. :)
[/quote]

Aha..! That makes sense, now you mention it, of my recurring dream with the giant panda fornicating with Harry Worth in a 'phone box, watched by Toby Twirl and the Dagenham Girl Pipers. I still can't understand why all those squids are necessary, however, nor the 'slow motion' footwork. Hmmm... I'll ask fumps...
:mellow:

Edited by Dad3353

Dreams work in symbols. The broken bass can mean that's it's useless to you. The "repair" can be the hope of rectifying the situation. The pub can just be a familiar setting where you'd need that tool. As Freud said; "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."

Edited by Lowender

[quote name='Lowender' timestamp='1359847261' post='1961256']
Dreams work in symbols. The broken bass can mean that's it's useless to you. The "repair" can be the hope of rectifying the situation. The pub can just be a familiar setting where you'd need that tool. As Freud said; "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."
[/quote]
Is a broken cymbal a symbol to drummers?

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1359849590' post='1961289']
Is a broken cymbal a symbol to drummers?
[/quote]

Yeah, it tells them that they need to stop hitting said cymbals so hard, as does the fact that he/she is almost deaf. I never remember any of my dreams, except the one where i won the euromillions and subsequently spent a lot of money on building a race track in the garden of my new rather large house, before deciding that you were only allowed to race Ice Cream Vans and Bendy Buses on said track.

Liam

I had a dream the other night, nowt to do with basses, a lady queue jumped in frint of me and I sent her to the back of the line, then another lady tried it, stood right In front of me well in my personal space!
I proceded to start a bitch fight with her, grabbed her hair, bit her & then the man who plays "wedge" off star wars came charging in wearing a columbo coat , stops the fight and said "In afraid I'm going to have to detain you" then I woke up. No idea what it was about, though I can't abide queue jumpers in real life!

Some interresting thoughts here. I think that in the scheme of things, if something is on your mind on and off it will turn up in a dream at some stage. I believe that our brains are like a cd if you like, which randomly plays episodes with a bit of skipping involved.
(Not that kind of skipping),