Why become a member? ×

Hi from Germany!

Rigges

Hi!

Found this site when looking after a used Jackson Concert XL bass on the internet.

I'm from Germany, play bass since 1989 and i'm (mainly) into metal.

Hope to find some valuable information around here...and please excuse my poor English!

Cheers
Andy

Hey Andy,

Welcome to BC!

We can only excuse your poor English when you start writing poor English. Only logical, right? :)

Though we're not very friendly towards metal basses, due to their tuning peculiarities. Stick to wood, Plexiglass and concrete, my advice would be. But enough with the nonsense:
Enjoy the site, and enjoy the talk!

best,
bert

Edited by BassTractor

Welcome, Andy! We do love metal here, although I personally am still living in the 80s-early 90s and into trad metal, i.e. I can strech to tuning down half a step but hate even that ([i]pace[/i] early Metallica...).

And yes, we Warwick addicts are pretty jealous of you Germans! And if you live anywhere near Markneukirchen we're going to be absolutely livid :D

Dive in, Basschat is a lovely place.

[quote name='Rigges' timestamp='1359651559' post='1958284']
Thanks Leen!

Drop me a line if there's anything you need from Germany!
[/quote]

DO YOU OWN THOMANN!? :D

Anyvay, velcome to za site! Maybe that's racist... hmm....

Anyway, welcome to the site, and don't mention the war. Nope, not that one, the cold war. It gives some of the old folks on here flashbacks :D

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1359723083' post='1959358']
Verdamt! You've given me flashbacks about [b]both[/b] wars
and the cold war! Dunderwetter!

zum Wohl!
bertold
[/quote]

I knew you would be along shortly when i mentioned war, flashbacks and old folks. :D

[quote name='redbandit599' timestamp='1359724034' post='1959385']
Guten Tag!

Nothing like a nicely turned out German beneath your fingers...

[/quote]

I concur :D

[quote name='Rigges' timestamp='1359752870' post='1960005']
Looked at more closely i changed my mind. From now on I'm from Switzerland. :ph34r:
[/quote]

:D

The americans seem to have a very skewed view of Germans. I just saw in How I Met Your mutter, a "German" man getting wound up at the german words the american used and said they were "Annoyingly inconsistent"... hmm...

Anyhow, i'm just being the fool, Germany is one of the few countries in the world i want to visit, possibly even live in. I also want to learn German, It's a cool language, and english has a lot of words derived from Germanic, so i would also understand english better for learning it! :D