Why become a member? ×

Possible amp loan - sorted

Jimryan

Evening all,

With the current TC Electronic BH250 recall going on, it would seem I'm amp-less.

Going through the band's PA isn't really a problem and I'm sure a DI shouldn't be THAT expensive. The thing is, I prefer having a head on top of my cab and being slightly more in control.

So, as Karlfer suggested, could anyone help out by lending me a head until my BH250 comes back please?

James

Edited by Jimryan

I'm a tad puzzled now, the mesa's rated at 2 ohms, the acoustic's rated at 3.2. My cab's 4 ohm. I'm afraid I've never truly got the whole ohm's law side of things. Also, with the Mesa, I've never used or even tried a valve amp before, so I'm curious.

James

The Mesa can handle cabs of 8, 4 or 2 ohms, you just use the right speaker output socket (there are 3 pairs). The Acoustic is probably just a pair of sockets and you plug into either.

You seem to have a choice, both very good amps. I'll pm you my mobile and we can have a chat if you like.

I do warn you, you'll probably want to ditch the TC and buy one of either after the lend!!!!

[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1359135242' post='1950571']
Evening all,

With the current TC Electronic BH250 recall going on, it would seem I'm amp-less.

Going through the band's PA isn't really a problem and I'm sure a DI shouldn't be THAT expensive. The thing is, I prefer having a head on top of my cab and being slightly more in control.

So, as Karlfer suggested, could anyone help out by lending me a head until my BH250 comes back please?

James
[/quote]

Hey James

If you are over my way..I have a SWR SM400 you could use...

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1359147830' post='1950887']

Hey James

If you are over my way..I have a SWR SM400 you could use...
[/quote]

Cheers John, I'll keep that in mind :-) off to the George tonight? I've been informed there's a good gig on tonight.

James

[quote name='Bassman Steve' timestamp='1359149533' post='1950920']
Not the George on Portsdown Hill surely? Can't imagine they ever have a good gig in there (it's almost the closest pub to my house).
[/quote]

Haha, no, the george in Ashford.

The george on the hill's not too bad, not seen a gig in there though. Where would a band fit in there?!? If you're relatively close to the george, you can't be that far from me. I'm off of the Havant road in Drayton/Farlington.

[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1359138500' post='1950669']
I'm a tad puzzled now, the mesa's rated at 2 ohms, the acoustic's rated at 3.2. My cab's 4 ohm. I'm afraid I've never truly got the whole ohm's law side of things. Also, with the Mesa, I've never used or even tried a valve amp before, so I'm curious.

James
[/quote]

The Acoustic can be used 2 4 8 or 16
the 3.2 refers to the matching 1x18 cab
I think Nevada service is pretty poor, I wouldnt buy anything there if I could help it