Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky HPJ Ash/Maple For Sale - Now Sold

loudandclear

I bought this bass new, Direct from Sadowsky new York in 2008 (I still have the receipt). It has been gigged about once a month on average from then until recently so shows a few signs of use but has been very well looked after and is generally in very good condition. It sounds as you would expect, fantastic! the PJ combination gives you a wide variety of tone and the preamp is very powerful. Things have changed music wise for me and it is not getting used now and although I would love to hang on to it, regretfully its for sale. I do have the sadowsky light case but it leaks a bit now so has been gafferred up in a few places! The strings are DR black beauties and have worn a bit which looks a bit iffy in the photos so maybe a new set of strings required but other than that the bass will make someone very happy I am sure. Tryout collection welcome. Questions comments on price or bass welcome.

Pics will follow shortly

cheers

Edited by loudandclear

Aw man, what a lovely bass. I'm looking for a passive Precision as a studio bass, but that is really calling my name, even though it's £500 over budget. There's no denying the quality of Sadowsky, I've owned three and each was outstanding in so many ways. Damn...........

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1359239732' post='1952130']
Aw man, what a lovely bass. I'm looking for a passive Precision as a studio bass, but that is really calling my name, even though it's £500 over budget. There's no denying the quality of Sadowsky, I've owned three and each was outstanding in so many ways. Damn...........
[/quote]

Hi Chris, nice one - yes it is a quality instrument, it wont be the last one I own ! Hope your studio goes well although I have read your recent posts and you are not going to have time to record much for a while! if you have a change of heart as you know a sadowsky P+J in a live or recorded mix is a beautiful thing!

[quote name='loudandclear' timestamp='1359310578' post='1952896']
Will actually weigh this tomorrow but from memory it's a little under 10 lbs but never felt this heavy and I was surprised when it was weighed.
[/quote]

The bass has a good balance, that's why.
And under 10 lbs, it's still pretty light for an ash body !

Friday night bump - still for sale - new strings, new pictures, (New set of DR black Beauties fitted) have also noticed upon checking the reciept I actually bought this bass new in april 2008, my how time flies. have taken some more mpics with new strings but not sure how well they have come out light was a bit iffy today so may take some more but anyway, open to offers on this, really am looking for a sale though but would consider gear of lower value and cash. Pm if any interest.
Many thanks

Edited by loudandclear

I have had a large number of trade offers on this - thank you very much but really looking for a sale . Not much interest on cash offers and could do with shifting this now so price reduced before I contemplate evilbay. This is a cracking bass!

cheers

Edited by loudandclear