Why become a member? ×

Off-key songs

Lfalex v1.1

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1358722864' post='1944206']
The Beatles - When I,m 64 is speeded up on the mono version by a semitone for some reason. but in the original key for the stereo :blink:
[/quote]

Pedant alert...

She's Leaving Home is the one that's sped up on the mono mix I think (as a result it's almost 10 seconds shorter). Stereo version of 64 seems very slightly sharper than the mono (and clocks in at 2 seconds less).

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1358723174' post='1944213']
If that's really the case then the mono version will be what the Beatles intended as these were the mixes that they spent the time on. The stereo version of the album was polished off in half a day at the end of the session.
[/quote]

I wonder if its because the mono version was mixed for radio. Radio1 was A.M back then.

Use tuner, check with other guys in the band that we're all in tune with each other (old fashioned way, "ere mate, gis an e") then off you go.

As to the OP, try playing along with Black Sabbath vol 4, I have to twist the pitch control on my turntable almost ever other song to save constant retuning.
Great album though.

[quote name='oggiesnr' timestamp='1358710844' post='1943874']
In day gone by one of the sights of the folk scene was Martin Carthy obsessively tuning his guitar between songs, sometimes it took longer than the songs!
Steve
[/quote]

I saw him on Thursday and he still does much the same, with nary a tuner in sight. I didn't feel it took anything away from his set, as he's mastered the knack of chatting to the audience while he tunes.

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1358764249' post='1944470']
I saw him on Thursday and he still does much the same, with nary a tuner in sight. I didn't feel it took anything away from his set, as he's mastered the knack of chatting to the audience while he tunes.
[/quote]

Last time I saw him he'd cut it back a bit and even made a joke about it :)

Steve

[quote name='Dave Vader' timestamp='1358763485' post='1944462']
Use tuner, check with other guys in the band that we're all in tune with each other (old fashioned way, "ere mate, gis an e") then off you go.

As to the OP, try playing along with Black Sabbath vol 4,[u][b] I have to twist the pitch control on my turntable[/b][/u] almost ever other song to save constant retuning.
Great album though.
[/quote]
:huh:
How do you do that with an MP3?

{hat and coat in hand ready for the off} :)