Why become a member? ×

Steve Harris replica Pbass

so that's over $2000 for a STANDARD american p-bass that, let's face it, ISN'T vintage, has seymour duncan pickups, a new pickguard that's widely available, contrary to what he says and a sh*tty paintjob that isn't particularly intricate and won't have cost another $1000. Oh and let's not forget the blue strings!!

"I spent a hundred man hours and a lot of money on this project" Yeah right mate

Then he starts comparing it to the hendrix V and the van halen frankenstrat which are ALL official custom shops.
What an idiot.

The actual Fender Steve Harris P of a few years ago was made in Japan. I had a MIJ Fender P (2-tone sunburst, m/n) imported by Chandlers and added a Badass II and Rotosound Steve Harris flatwound strings - whole shooting match cost somewhere circa £550, can't remember exactly right now (due to copious Sunday evening red wine).

Was a lovely bass but the strings were like ropes and horrible. Took them off and put sensible roundwounds on them. Eventually sold it to noirbass on this Forum. Anyway point is you can have same spec, less West Ham logo (!) brand new for a LOT less.

Edited by Clarky

I *think* Steve's original P bass was a '68. Could be wrong.. but I seem to remember as I owned a '69 P. Indeed the Fender Steve Harris reissues were Jap basses.. good job too.. CIJ rulez ;o)