Why become a member? ×

THE Bass Relay Thread

Jimryan

[quote name='Gazm' timestamp='1366377995' post='2051793']
I could meet you at the Derby & Burton Services near Toyota depending on when you are going.
Failing that I'm sure there a plenty of members in Nottingham.
[/quote]

I'll find out today, will you be available most of the day tomorrow? Or shall I aim for a specific time window? Also, if you wanna use the bass that night, I'll give it a quick setup for you cause I've got it in Eb at the moment.

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1366378312' post='2051801']

I'll find out today, will you be available most of the day tomorrow? Or shall I aim for a specific time window? Also, if you wanna use the bass that night, I'll give it a quick setup for you cause I've got it in Eb at the moment.
[/quote]

I'm not sure when I'll be free, maybe around 2pm but I'm not sure tomorrow night's gig is the right one (playing at a club). I'd rather do it at one of our regular pub gigs, the next one is May 3rd so a couple of weeks away.
Maybe leave it for now?

[quote name='Gazm' timestamp='1366378801' post='2051808']
I'm not sure when I'll be free, maybe around 2pm but I'm not sure tomorrow night's gig is the right one (playing at a club). I'd rather do it at one of our regular pub gigs, the next one is May 3rd so a couple of weeks away.
Maybe leave it for now?
[/quote]

I don't mind man, I can get it to you tomorrow, but if you want to leave it for now I don't mind holding onto it. If so, it's up for grabs for anyone who might want to use it in the meantime dudes ;)

[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1366391435' post='2052058']
Ooooo So close.
[/quote]

Yeah, sorry Jim.

I'd rather use it at a gig when I know they'll be loads of regular followers and get them to dig deep in their pockets :P
It would also be good to get it advertised in advance and possibly get some local press coverage prior to the gig - is there a press information pack available to make this easier?

Cheers Pete.

[quote name='Gazm' timestamp='1366459842' post='2052854']

Yeah, sorry Jim.

I'd rather use it at a gig when I know they'll be loads of regular followers and get them to dig deep in their pockets :P
It would also be good to get it advertised in advance and possibly get some local press coverage prior to the gig - is there a press information pack available to make this easier?

Cheers Pete.
[/quote]

There isn't really. All I did was write to them with a brief description. The obscurity of it all and the fact it's for CRUK kinda compelled them to get involved. From there it was a phone call where I went in depth and and email supplying links to this thread and the Facebook page. So no real press pack as such. Though, with how well it's going so far, give it a few more hand overs and I'll contact national press (the sun's always up for a charity campaign). I do urge all members involved (and to be involved :-p) to contact their local papers though. After all, it's all good publicity right?

yep get stuck in everyone , its a great cause and something bass wise to get involved in

ed to add .. I am not sure there is a 'right ' gig for this thing , I think it is a momentum thing , and the sooner it gets a next gig the better , the money may trickle in, but if it gigs it creates and carries its own history , this will give it more heritage and a greater pulling power for the pennies , just keep it moving , don't let the grass grow

Edited by lurksalot

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1366485363' post='2053197']
yep get stuck in everyone , its a great cause and something bass wise to get involved in

ed to add .. I am not sure there is a 'right ' gig for this thing , I think it is a momentum thing , and the sooner it gets a next gig the better , the money may trickle in, but if it gigs it creates and carries its own history , this will give it more heritage and a greater pulling power for the pennies , just keep it moving , don't let the grass grow
[/quote]

+1

[quote name='Gazm' timestamp='1366568629' post='2054234']
Well I have a good gig on 3rd May if its still in the Midlands.
[/quote]

Gazm,
If it got to you for this 3rd May gig I could collect it from you. I have a barn dance job on the 10th May and from me it could go to Nottingham.
I know that there's lots of active BCers over there.
Len

I'm gigging in Bedworth on Wednesday 1st May and then Derby on Saturday 11th May if that helps?
(Unfortunately don't have transport at either of these locations so would mean meeting up at the gigs in these towns if possible-sorry!)