Why become a member? ×

THE Bass Relay Thread

Jimryan

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1365103904' post='2035478']
Bugger :(

Well I'm gigging on the 13th so if nobody else has anything sooner I'll have it next!
[/quote]

As it turns out, I'm not going away this coming weekend. So, when's a good time for us to meet up for a handover? Just about any time is OK with me, apart from Sunday when I'll be sailing.

Edited by solo4652

[quote name='solo4652' timestamp='1365106694' post='2035531']
As it turns out, I'm not going away this coming weekend. So, when's a good time for us to meet up for a handover? Just about any time is OK with me, apart from Sunday when I'll be sailing.
[/quote]

I'm not sure what time I'm about on Saturday yet, but are you free Friday afternoon?

Slightly furtive-looking handover completed in car park at Macclesfield train station, as captured by a pressganged bystander. I'm on the left, chrismuzz on the right. Sounds like chrismuzz is going to make The Baton earn its keep.

[attachment=131851:001.JPG]

[quote name='Donnyboy' timestamp='1365175419' post='2036402']
Great pic! Bystander bemused by ant chance?
[/quote]

Yes - I think so! We decided not to go into detail about what we were up to apart from saying; "It's alright, we're not nicking it or anything...", which, of course, only made it look even more shifty.

The Baton in action! Managed to get a pretty sweet sound out of it, using this thing on the gig next Saturday shouldn't be an issue :D

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKOXyFuCHvM&feature=youtu.be"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKOXyFuCHvM&feature=youtu.be[/url]

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1365202541' post='2036837']
The Baton in action! Managed to get a pretty sweet sound out of it, using this thing on the gig next Saturday shouldn't be an issue :D

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKOXyFuCHvM&feature=youtu.be[/media]
[/quote]

Sounds really good! Incredibly middy! And your playing is really sweet!

My first bass was a second hand Stagg jazz bass (which i stupidly paid £90... SECOND HAND! Jesus christ, Milt!) and the neck on it was just like a maple baseball bat. Not good maple, and not a good neck, especially for a beginner! But, it did sound pretty good. That's where Staggs redeem themselves i think.

Keep rocking!

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1365204752' post='2036860']
Sounds really good! Incredibly middy! And your playing is really sweet!

My first bass was a second hand Stagg jazz bass (which i stupidly paid £90... SECOND HAND! Jesus christ, Milt!) and the neck on it was just like a maple baseball bat. Not good maple, and not a good neck, especially for a beginner! But, it did sound pretty good. That's where Staggs redeem themselves i think.

Keep rocking!
[/quote]

Thanks man :)

It's a pretty damn nice bass to be fair, very light and comfortable. I couldn't get the action as low as I usually have it without fret buzz so I was fighting it a bit, but that's to be expected with such a well used bass! A friend of mine used to have a Stagg guitar which he bought for basically peanuts, and even 10 years on he still says it had one of the best necks he's ever played!

Edited by chrismuzz

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1365540832' post='2041011']
great playing Chris , what are the gig details and I will add them to the map
[/quote]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Fanks! [/font][/color] :)

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It's with Generations (metal covers band)[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]this Saturday (13th of April) at The Green Star, Smallthorne, Stoke-on-Trent, ST6 1RD[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We're on from about 9:30pm til Midnight[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Entry is Free![/font][/color]

[url="https://www.facebook.com/events/277677872335281/"]https://www.facebook...77677872335281/[/url]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Any Relayers coming to do a handover that evening?[/font][/color]

Edited by chrismuzz

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1365549726' post='2041117']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Fanks! [/font][/color] :)

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It's with Generations (metal covers band)[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]this Saturday (13th of April) at The Green Star, Smallthorne, Stoke-on-Trent, ST6 1RD[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We're on from about 9:30pm til Midnight[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Entry is Free![/font][/color]

[url="https://www.facebook.com/events/277677872335281/"]https://www.facebook...77677872335281/[/url]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Any Relayers coming to do a handover that evening?[/font][/color]
[/quote]

Apols, I was in stoke the weekend just gone (6th) and wont be there again until may (for one afternoon only - friday 3rd)

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1365965467' post='2046665']
Well done Chris , it might be aswell to empty the tins and send a payment to the justgiving page to cover the contents , though check with Jim first I guess . Has anyone stepped up for the next one ?
[/quote]

Yes, nice work Chris, hope you've enjoyed your time with the bass. This is a good idea RE the collection boxes. If you don't mind sitting down and counting them out that is.

I wonder where it'll head to next...

[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1365967051' post='2046719']
Yes, nice work Chris, hope you've enjoyed your time with the bass. This is a good idea RE the collection boxes. If you don't mind sitting down and counting them out that is.

I wonder where it'll head to next...
[/quote]

Actually, I had a few comments on the sound of it. It may have sounded good in recording, but live it was a real beast! It didn't have the sustain of the other two I was playing that night but it was really punchy and aggressive :D

I'll figure out how to get the boxes open and count em out later on. I'll leave a little in each one though so they're still nice and jingly for the next relayer ;)

It's here for the taking whenever anyone wants a piece of it!

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1366001456' post='2047039']
I've just emptied the collection boxes, and counted £91.47! Not a bad result at all :D I'll pop down to the bank tomorrow, then send a payment to the justgiving page.
[/quote]

Bloody hell...nice work guys.