Why become a member? ×

Everything Everything's new album- a provisional review by Milton.

MiltyG565

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1358360753' post='1937851']
:D [size=4]FB's alright, f***ing useful if you are in a band.[/size][size=4][/quote][/size]
[size=4]Yes indeed. You know what? I'm going to let the fans take care of it. ;)[/size]

Edited by discreet

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1358361146' post='1937861']
f***ing hard to play live too, I imagine. Lots of multi-tasking going on in a Rush kinda way. The singer and the bassist both got degrees in contemporary music at Salford, where BC's Jake Newman used to be head of the bass department.
[/quote]

Wow, really? That's interesting. What exactly does a degree in contemporary music mean though? Was it all about studying what makes contemporary music, who whats and wheres, or is there (and i'm hoping it's this one) a good portion of writing and recording your own contemporary music?

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1358367053' post='1938005']
Oh, all right. What about death metal?
[/quote]

I so wish i hadn't told you to ask me now.

Maybe i'll just go and lie down on the motorway... I might actually have more luck if i just surprise attack a lorry from the hard shoulder.

In case anybody couldn't tell, that was in jest, and i don't condone suicide, or lying down on motorways, which may or may not lead to death.

But ironically, saying that has brought the 2 things together. Death and metal. And it also describes how i feel about death metal. Well, isn't everything wrapped up in a neat little bow.

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1358349388' post='1937496']
Nige puts the fear of God in to me :( Mainly because he is far far smarter than me :D
[/quote]

What? That's God? I seriously thought it was an old red indian. But yeah, he's very scary. That's why I never ever disagree with Nige, even though he's always wrong.
Nige is only far smarter than you because we all are! :lol: :P ;) :ph34r:

best,
bert

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1358365655' post='1937968']
Ask me about death metal... go on... i dare you.
[/quote]

- What's your opinion on [b]The Third & The Mortal[/b]'s fourth album?
- Do [b]Old Words New[/b] need a reunion with their old singer, in your opinion?
;) :)

best,
bert

[quote name='steve-bbb' timestamp='1358365556' post='1937965']
am i the only one who gets instantly put off by the 'in*ie' word?? <_<
[/quote]

I was a teenager in the late '80s / early '90s so no, indie to me is what it says it is and there was a ton of good stuff that carried that tag in those days.

Got to the office this morning and my co-worker is playing this new EE album. Very nice. :)

Never heard of them before.

If it's true, as the OP has said, that there are ads for them all over the internet then it would seem to me that their record company are pushing them hard on the tails of the succes Alt-J have enjoyed recently. "If you liked these guys then try these for size!!!"

EE don't do an awful lot for me. It's like they're trying to hard, a bit fussy.