Why become a member? ×

(yet another) Wal Mk1 4 string

TheGreek

Hmmm ... not convinced about your prices Piet. We're in the middle of another sudden, sharp fall in prices for high-end basses, in the UK anyway.

We've just seen a Mk.III 5-string sell on BC for £2250 which is 20% down on what I would have guessed a year ago.

This Gumtree listing may just be "priced to sell".

Looks nice, and cheap assuming it's not offshore. Say "built Nov 2010", so one of the new builds then and they are "[url="http://www.walbasses.co.uk/Ordering%20and%20Pricing"]Prices from £3650[/url]" so someone is potentially taking a mahoosive loss!!

Saw an old Custom in a shop in Brighton that is seriously relic'd - for which read beaten up with gigging not a sander - and no original case, and they are asking a snip under £3k. Anyone who pays that will be plain mad.

The bass is apparently in Kelso, Northumbria - not in London - says that he had no interest locally so advertised it where he hoped there would be more..

He's given me an address which is genuine - anybody who is local and/or interested can contact me or the seller..

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1358686860' post='1943256']
The bass is apparently in Kelso, Northumbria - not in London - says that he had no interest locally so advertised it where he hoped there would be more..

He's given me an address which is genuine - anybody who is local and/or interested can contact me or the seller..
[/quote] Isn't kelso in scotland? Anyway - close for anyone going to the moffat bass bash

I'd be very wary, the last dodgy one that was on was a similar modus operandi. It was advertised on Bournemouth Gumtree and ended up being in the Scottish Isles. The guy never once spoke to me about the Bass, just how he wanted payment. When I suggested someone looking at it, he got very jumpy. He had an eastern european name which may/may not have been genuine.
I was never interested in the Bass, just how the scam would work, The photos were the same ones from a previous scam according to those who know these things.