Why become a member? ×

Bass Clef Quiz

stingrayPete1977

[quote name='Telebass' timestamp='1358102054' post='1933169']
First shot: 3.65 seconds for Bass Clef Intermediate. Right off the cuff, as a non-reader in any normal sense, I'm pleased with that!
[/quote]

Same for me as well, quite chuffed, a good bench mark.

Being the saddo I am, I've downloaded the Android app for my phone.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1358150025' post='1933713']
I have Paul don't tell me off :lol: spent most of yesterday reading/playing from the Rufus Reid evolving bassist book, the game was just for fun :)
[/quote]
Haha.
I know it's just a bit of fun :) It's good to be able to recognise the notes on the stave quickly on a computer but it's a
different story-and more important-to be able to do it on the instrument.
There is a similar thing on Victor Wootens website where it shows you a note and you 'play' it on a bass neck

Apprentice.

I've tried to learn to read several times but I give up too easily :( I always found the process of looking, naming and then finding the note on the instrument a bit of a long way round. Kind of like translating Russian to French and then to English. Ideally I'd like to be able to look at a note and then play it - naming it would be nice touch I could add later.

Has anyone ever come across a piece of computer software which presents a written note on-screen and then recognises whether or not you've played the right note? Probably easier to do with a midi keyboard than a bass with its ambiguous harmonics.

EDIT: Just noticed the previous post about Victor Wooten's website.

Edited by dincz

[quote name='Doddy' timestamp='1358179694' post='1934348']
There is a similar thing on Victor Wootens website where it shows you a note and you 'play' it on a bass neck
[/quote]

Sounds great, any chance you could link that please Doddy? Having a look through the site and can't seem to find it - probably just me being thick :rolleyes:

[quote name='the_skezz' timestamp='1358183734' post='1934452']
Sounds great, any chance you could link that please Doddy? Having a look through the site and can't seem to find it - probably just me being thick :rolleyes:
[/quote]

http://www.victorwooten.com/labs.html

Here you go. There are a couple of cool little things there.

[quote name='Doddy' timestamp='1358185018' post='1934486']
[url="http://www.victorwooten.com/labs.html"]http://www.victorwooten.com/labs.html[/url]

Here you go. There are a couple of cool little things there.
[/quote]

Lovely, cheers for that, some excellent tools there. That's my night sorted :)

[quote name='Doddy' timestamp='1358179694' post='1934348']

Haha.
I know it's just a bit of fun :) It's good to be able to recognise the notes on the stave quickly on a computer but it's a
different story-and more important-to be able to do it on the instrument.
[/quote]
I used to have the frodis app on my ipod which was brilliant, shows the staff with a note including accidentals and you touch the note on the imaginary bass 4, 5 or 6 string left or right handed bass, I am all android now though :(

Edited by stingrayPete1977