Why become a member? ×

Bass relay - Now with start date

Jimryan

[quote name='TimR' timestamp='1358089046' post='1932845']
I like the idea of a signed shirt going round. We found with 'the shirt' a few people weren't 'allowed' to wear it at a gig so just got a photo. My gigs fell through so I just took it out to see Metalica.

Mainly people put CDs of their bands in the box and we had a listen. There were a few novelty items. I put my Metallica ticket stub in.

It would be really funny if we could get it on some TV shows in a backing band etc, someone must be able to do that. BUT Keep it secret, a kind of insider joke.
[/quote]

I think the shirt's a nice little touch. Signed simply with signature, username and what number recipient you are. I'll get a note book to go around with it to track names and locations too

[quote name='rushbo' timestamp='1358089573' post='1932862']
If it goes around in a hard case, it needs to get a sticker of either the place or the band....
[/quote]

The sticker could go straight on the bass, but a hardcase would be cool. Someone mentioned earlier that they had a spare one

What a silly idea. Sounds fun. Personally I think it should be a lands end to John O' Groats kind of thing. Starting off as far South as possible, maybe Jersey, and ending up in the Shetlands. I'm sure we have a basschatter in The Shetlands, do we have one in Jersey?

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1358092362' post='1932925']
What a silly idea. Sounds fun. Personally I think it should be a lands end to John O' Groats kind of thing. Starting off as far South as possible, maybe Jersey, and ending up in the Shetlands. I'm sure we have a basschatter in The Shetlands, do we have one in Jersey?
[/quote]

A good one, but would require a bit of shipping. I think a few would agree the meet up at a fellow members gig idea is pretty solid.

The best way is for Jim to compile a list of names and locations first. Say by the end of Feb. Then somehow work a route. If more join after its started out on its journey it could do two laps and if it's already passed you on the first lap you'll get it on the second.

[quote name='TimR' timestamp='1358093064' post='1932937']
The best way is for Jim to compile a list of names and locations first. Say by the end of Feb. Then somehow work a route. If more join after its started out on its journey it could do two laps and if it's already passed you on the first lap you'll get it on the second.
[/quote]

I'll do a list along with the rules. As far as a route is concerned, if ones planned, I'd say it shouldn't be too strict. I reckon the idea of "bass tag" could work. If stuck to a designated route, I reckon delays, hold ups and what not could hinder progress. I reckon a mix of both would work better.

[quote name='TimR' timestamp='1358093534' post='1932944']
Yes, it will be down to the individual to say if they've got no gigs lined up in the next fortnight to offer the bass to the next in line. You're probably looking at 2-3 weeks per person as it is.
[/quote]

Yep, I'm aware the turnaround won't be too quick (hence the recorded rehearsal suggestion). There's always a possibility though, of if people follow it's location there could be a quick change of hands for a last minute gig or something.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1358094548' post='1932980']
Be nice to get it over to Ireland and maybe some of the little islands too?
[/quote]

I like it. Lets see how well it goes first, but aspiring to get it overseas? I love it :-p as long as I returns to get auctioned.

Can any of the mods help out with sorting a white BC polo for this?

[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1358094669' post='1932983']
I like it. Lets see how well it goes first, but aspiring to get it overseas? I love it :-p as long as I returns to get auctioned.

Can any of the mods help out with sorting a white BC polo for this?
[/quote]
I was just thinking along the lines of someone who perhaps goes over anyway that could call in at a members gig/practice/studio film it sign it and bring it back or similar, we all travel with work and stuff so I bet someone gets over there, could ask Johnston, Doh! :lol:

Edited by stingrayPete1977

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1358094720' post='1932986']
I think any kind of musical venture should be included, some younger members might not do gigs as such but might be doing college or school shows etc, one of MiltyG's web shows would be cool, a studio session etc as long as its documented? Gives everyone a chance which will also generate more pounds :yarr:
[/quote]

Sounds good, as long as there's a photo (with the shirt if one gets sorted). I might be able to get it in a music video too.

Basically, hand over photo, bass in use photo (just not a load of bedroom photos), webshows, session work, gigs, recorded or live rehearsals, college/school gigs, you get the picture.

One rule I am considering including though, participants have to have been a me ever for so long/minimum amount of posts (unless a member can vouch for them) just to make sure someone doesn't turn up, claim it, and take it. Sound reasonable?