Why become a member? ×

SOLD Fender Custom Shop Jazz Bass 1970 Closet Classic

gridchin

[quote name='Tankdave' timestamp='1358405620' post='1938492']
Video shows what appears to be a brand new bass being unpacked but the bass in the pictures is not new, as I can see a cracked finish and all that dirt around the pickups etc, so what is being sold here please?
[/quote]

Closet classic = light relicing.

[quote name='Tankdave' timestamp='1358405620' post='1938492']
Video shows what appears to be a brand new bass being unpacked but the bass in the pictures is not new, as I can see a cracked finish and all that dirt around the pickups etc, so what is being sold here please?
[/quote]

Hello,

The bass was bought in September 2010, but its in mint condition. The cracked finish is one of the specs of Closet Classic finish. Like the Relics the Closet Classic finish had a range to it depending on who did the aging, how the parts were handled, etc. Closet Classic could range from just finish cracks and slight oxidation to having a few minor dents and dings to it.

Hope this info is useful to you. Cheers!

[quote name='Mark Dixon' timestamp='1358550257' post='1941417']
This post it torture, I'm trying to sell two basses and spend all my time looking at yet more that I want to buy.. slobber slobber
[/quote]

It's a great bass, Mark, you won't regret buying it!

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1358639918' post='1942812']
Only looking at the pics on an old iPhone but the checking in the finish looks really nice.

Much better than a lot of CS basses I've seen :)
[/quote]

This Custom Shop instrument is much better ir reality, rather than pictures. Cheers!