Why become a member? ×

For F*!k's Sake! 15 Years Old!

Phaedrus

[quote name='Linus27' post='200775' date='May 16 2008, 10:35 PM']Thats either Mark King's love child or programmable robotic children are now available. Either way, one of my theory's is right and I claim my £5. :)[/quote]

Mark King was 6 years older when he first picked up a bass!

(assuming 15 years old is correct)

[quote name='Faithless' post='201074' date='May 17 2008, 03:23 PM']Don't take my words out of context, pal, and then, I doubt, if there will be a lotta to laugh from, aight? :huh:

What I was tryin' to say, he's quite good at playin' [i]all-round[/i], but, for f*cks sake, if kid's doing Jaco's Three Views of a Secret, or Victor's "Grace", is it that hard to make Runaway [i]groovy[/i], especially for showing up to audience? :huh:

I meant suggesting to 'grow up' the tempo, not for himself... :)

So, are we clear with each other now, mate?[/quote]

Crystal.
Pal.
Or is it mate?
:huh:

Young kids with chops is nothing new. Years back there was that Steve Vai-esque guitar kid, who was about 10 or something. Personally i found this vid cliched and dull. I f*ckin' hate slap! He has an ear and a feel for sure though.

I Googled *Eileen Campbell + Bassist, Eileen Campbell + Leith, and Eileen Campbell + Edinburgh*, and got bored with the dross before I found anything that confirmed she is known as a musician in Edinburgh.

Can anyone provide a link which confirms she exists?

I'm also confused by the room - it looks too tidy to be a teenager's, but it does not look particularly feminine either.

Edited by Mottlefeeder

[quote name='Tee' post='201315' date='May 18 2008, 12:07 AM']Young kids with chops is nothing new. [b]Years back there was that Steve Vai-esque guitar kid, who was about 10 or something[/b]. Personally i found this vid cliched and dull. I f*ckin' hate slap! He has an ear and a feel for sure though.[/quote]

He works in the Newcastle store of SoundsLive!

Lot of effort to go to for this theoretical 35-year-old for no readily apparent reason, IMHO.

Anyway, whatever it was playing that song, it's much better at slap than I am, and I'm much bigger. Now as we all know, the bigger you are the easier it is to slap - it's got something to do with badgers. Ergo: respect.

I have tried to ignore this thread but it just wont go away. I do wish people would stop posting drivel like this. So he is 15, so f***ing what. Have you ever watched the Young Musician of the Year on BBC - loads of kids with this level of virtuosity, just playing more recognised instruments thats all.

Ok kids are now getting the same level of proficiency on our instrument, but there are loads and loads of 15 year old bass players (and quite a few on here), playing in bands with their mates and having fun, gigging in the school hall and youth clubs, rather than being a bass nerd playing music on your own that only bass nerds would listen to. To misquote Stanley - if my bass could talk I would have someone to talk to.

[quote name='steve-soar' post='200804' date='May 16 2008, 11:32 PM']Her name is Eileen Campbell, she is 35 and lives in Leith, in Edinburgh. I've seen her at Level 42 gigs on a few ocassions. I was a bit freaked out when I first saw her but after a while, you get used to seeing a small woman. She's a great bassist and has a great sense of humour.[/quote]Sorry guy's, it was the first thing that came into my head.
He does look like a small Scotish woman, maybe I need help! :)

[quote name='steve-soar' post='201454' date='May 18 2008, 11:57 AM']Sorry guy's, it was the first thing that came into my head.
He does look like a small Scotish woman, maybe I need help! :huh:[/quote]

Well you had me going…you bastard :huh:

Good joke :) and that kid is a good player and he should be incredible when he grows up if he keeps it going, fair play to him.
He’s not bad at the moment (timing issues) but he’s very advanced for his age IMO.

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='201477' date='May 18 2008, 12:51 PM']Well you had me going…you bastard :huh:

Good joke :) and that kid is a good player and he should be incredible when he grows up if he keeps it going, fair play to him.
He’s not bad at the moment (timing issues) but he’s very advanced for his age IMO.[/quote]Sorry Ben.

[quote name='steve-soar' post='201454' date='May 18 2008, 11:57 AM']Sorry guy's, it was the first thing that came into my head.
He does look like a small Scotish woman, maybe I need help! :)[/quote]

I for one am not giving up the dream. She does exist because ..... It would make a great bandname/ eponymous/ concept album. Every song will have to end in Bb ....