Why become a member? ×

Dubstep Inspector Gadget

ahpook

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1357156457' post='1918393']
That's an old video. Still good!
I believe he just used a Boss SYB-3 & a multi fx unit (if my memory serves me right).
[/quote]

He is wearing a "Hot Hand" controller, so that means a Source Audio pedal of some sort was involved: envelope filter more likely.

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1357308476' post='1920714']
He is wearing a "Hot Hand" controller, so that means a Source Audio pedal of some sort was involved: envelope filter more likely.
[/quote]

Source Audio also do a unit to convert the Hot Hand's output to MIDI data, so you can use it with any unit capable of taking MIDI input.

Edit: Turns out it's got an output for expression pedal sockets too, so you can use it with pretty much anything.

Edited by thisnameistaken

He did use a BEF (not the Pro) along with the SYB5 & something else (I'll see if I can find out later). I had missed that from my first post. :blush:

The Hothand can be used with a Midi controller that SA make & the new Hothand 3 can be used with any pedal with an "EXP in" as it has a box to plug into with a 1/4" out as well as the 1/8" out (tempted to get one for the moogers).

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1357308476' post='1920714']
[/quote]

That explains why I have been waving my hand at my bass for the last three days with nothing happening .

Edited by Dingus

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1357319158' post='1921019']
Source Audio also do a unit to convert the Hot Hand's output to MIDI data, so you can use it with any unit capable of taking MIDI input.

Edit: Turns out it's got an output for expression pedal sockets too, so you can use it with pretty much anything.
[/quote]

really? I did not know. That´s pretty clever of them!

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1357352240' post='1921622']'Dubstep' is a great byword for 'total dogshit'. :lol:[/quote]

[i]"Every generation wants to be the last. Every generation hates the next trend in music they can't understand. We hate to give up those reins of our culture."[/i]
Chuck Palahniuk