Why become a member? ×

Babes out in the sun

GreeneKing

Prompted by the need to photo my Jazz for a BCer and the fact that it's a beautiful day here in Lakeland here's a few basses for you.

Thunderbird in the back yard.

Previously mentioned Jazz deluxe

Another of the T'bird

Yes, it's the Ultimate Flea

Japanese non export Aerodyne

As nice a Bass Collection as you'll find

Les Evans

And my newest aquisition, Aria Pro II CSB-450, dinky :)

The Les Evan and T'Bird are for sale and the Jazz may be. They don't seem to be attracting any interest in the 'For Sale' section so maybe here?

Peter

[quote name='cheddatom' post='199696' date='May 15 2008, 04:01 PM']The jazz deluxe looks a like the body has been squashed in the vertical slightly. I really like it. Is this a trick of the eye/camera/monitor or can I buy a jazz that looks like this?[/quote]
[unhelpful and annoying]If it is an illusion I'm sure you could get some glasses that make it look that way![/unhelpful and annoying]

[quote name='cheddatom' post='199696' date='May 15 2008, 04:01 PM']The jazz deluxe looks a like the body has been squashed in the vertical slightly. I really like it. Is this a trick of the eye/camera/monitor or can I buy a jazz that looks like this?[/quote]

Looks like the Jazz has an extended cutaway to me. Nice collection, especially the Aria, very tasty!

[quote name='Shockwave' post='199708' date='May 15 2008, 04:10 PM']Love your back garden ;0([/quote]
+1

You must be suffering from a lack of urban deprivation! Very nice basses Peter and the Aria looks particularly nice to me.. How old is it?

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='199975' date='May 15 2008, 10:16 PM']The Aria is an '81' Nik. Older than a lot of BCers :)

It's medium scale with a set neck.[/quote]
Lovely! Reminds me of one that Bloodaxe has that I played at the SE Bash last year.. Great fun :huh:

isn't it just one of [url="http://www.fender.co.uk/products//search.php?partno=0194460723"]these[/url]? they all have downsized bodies like that.

i love that thunderbird by the way - thunderbirds are THE coolest looking basses out there.

[quote]isn't it just one of these? they all have downsized bodies like that.[/quote]

It certainly is one of those, in that case ut's not Irfamview's fault.

It's for sale at £800 plus P&P and its only seen about 30 min home use being bought new in Nov 2007.

The Epiphone and the Les Evan's are also for sale.

Why? I just have too many basses and I'm off to Uni in Oct :)

Peter

Edited by GreeneKing

Well Paul, it's a surprise. I expected the tone to be a little limited but in fact it's really good. A great 'bluesey' feel with the tone turned down and a lot of brightness added with it turned up. The original strings that were old and have now been replaced were very light gauge and with the medium scale they seemed like 'butter' to play, shame they were past their best really.

Peter

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the USA Deluxe Jazz have a slighly different body shape to the Standards? I know the neck is a little longer at 22 frets...

Loving your Modulus Flea, Peter! That's definitely the colour to have. Is it the same as the new one Beedster bought the other week?