Why become a member? ×

Portable cab to go nicely with a MarkBass Little Mark Tube...?

charliethornton

Depends on how portable is portable? Having paired an LMT with a Markbass 410 (the 104HR) I`d recommend checking out Markbass cabs. The sound of the LMT through the 410 was great. So if a 410 is too big, either a pair of 112s, or 210s, or a single 212 (there was a Markbass 212 on here a while back, Evil Undead was selling it, don`t know if still available).

I wasn't sure about my newly acquired MB 104HF which I use with a LMII. It kinda sounded a bit middy and at the same time a bit wooly soloed but yesterday, I had the chance to hear my rig out front in a live band situation (I lent it to another bassist) and fook me it sounded fantastic in the mix. Warm, fat, punchy...all those things.

There's a lot of people who like MB heads (I've had 5 including the Tube) but dis their cabs but I'd recommend them for live work cos they sound great in the mix IMHO/IME.

It's quite easy to lift too.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' timestamp='1355778584' post='1902720']
I wasn't sure about my newly acquired MB 104HF which I use with a LMII. It kinda sounded a bit middy and at the same time a bit wooly soloed but yesterday, I had the chance to hear my rig out front in a live band situation (I lent it to another bassist) and fook me it sounded fantastic in the mix. Warm, fat, punchy...all those things.

There's a lot of people who like MB heads (I've had 5 including the Tube) but dis their cabs but I'd recommend them for live work cos they sound great in the mix IMHO/IME.

It's quite easy to lift too.
[/quote]

That`s exactly what I think. On their own, the amp/cab combination sounds ok, nothing special, but in the mix, well it sits just right. Also get that "felt as well as heard" thing going on.

Never heard a good Markbas rig..... but I think they use good drivers, it seems.
If you must go Markbass, don't do what a lot round here think they can do..which is match up a MB cab..or most cabs for that matter,
with a single driver and expect it to compete tonally with a pr of gtrs and their 212 stacks.

The least you should do is pr up the Markbass cabs and then you'll stand a chance.
I prefer the 10's they use, rather than their 12's and 15's which struggle with range, IME.

Edited by JTUK