Why become a member? ×

How much would you pay for...

pq211145

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1355155685' post='1894724']
Not a huge fan of Marcus but if you are then probably a bit more than a standard one but it really depends on how much of a fan you are.
If it was a Geddy Lee original signature I'm sure many would pay well over the odds for it.

Dave
[/quote]

To me personally, any signature devalues a bass, as I don't want someone writing on my instrument, and if you actually use teh bass then chances are the signature you have paid for, will disappear!

Right, stop it, you are all being silly :P
Serious answer, go to basses for sale forum and do a search for American deluxe 5 string jazzes. Do the same on FEEBay and draw your own conclusions.
Arrive at a ball park figure then make your own decision about how much the signature is worth to YOU.
Remember, if you come to sell it, the signature is unlikely to make it worth much more.
Good luck.
Karl.

A Marcus Sig should add some value to a Marcus Sig series bass. However, he seems to have signed a lot of basses in his time so they a)won't be all that rare and b)may have questionable authenticity.

The one that always gets me is the Noel Redding Signature bass - I've never seen one without his 'original' sig on!

Funnily enough my Dad used to look a lot like Billy Bremner (footballer not guitarist) and was often pestered for his autograph.

He got bored saying no and/or being insulted so he simply decided to sign as Billy and then say he didn't want to talk about football. No idea how many of his autographs are out there :)

[quote name='Dr.Dave' timestamp='1355160347' post='1894824']
Are you suggesting my 'Spartacus' beach sandals are fake???????[/quote]

Not at all, I happen to know for a fact that they've been very well looked after over the years. You personally having fitted new tops to them on 6 occasions and new soles 15 times. They still look like new!

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1355160316' post='1894822']
A Marcus Sig should add some value to a Marcus Sig series bass. However, he seems to have signed a lot of basses in his time so they a)won't be all that rare and b)may have questionable authenticity.

The one that always gets me is the Noel Redding Signature bass - I've never seen one without his 'original' sig on!

Funnily enough my Dad used to look a lot like Billy Bremner (footballer not guitarist) and was often pestered for his autograph.

He got bored saying no and/or being insulted so he simply decided to sign as Billy and then say he didn't want to talk about football. No idea how many of his autographs are out there :)
[/quote]

My mum and dad were friends of Billy Bremner ( seriously ) . Or at least that's what they thought until now ...

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1355160852' post='1894837']

My mum and dad were friends of Billy Bremner ( seriously ) . Or at least that's what they thought until now ...
[/quote]

Lol

Unfortunately I get the same thing for Lembit Opik!

This is, of course, mostly annoying. Only time it's been of any use was at the Ace Cafe where the owner insisted I was Lembit (who use to champion bikers' rights) and gave me a beer on the house.

I insisted I wasn't him and he said he 'understood' and thought I was examining the biker lifestyle 'under cover'. He said he'd respect my privacy and leave me alone but pointed me out to a few, fairly heavy, bikers who all gave me a little nod, lol.

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1355174201' post='1895107']
Lol

Unfortunately I get the same thing for Lembit Opik!

This is, of course, mostly annoying. Only time it's been of any use was at the Ace Cafe where the owner insisted I was Lembit (who use to champion bikers' rights) and gave me a beer on the house.

I insisted I wasn't him and he said he 'understood' and thought I was examining the biker lifestyle 'under cover'. He said he'd respect my privacy and leave me alone but pointed me out to a few, fairly heavy, bikers who all gave me a little nod, lol.
[/quote]

Just hope you don't bump into that Sian Lloyd who Lembit chucked to run off with the Cheeky Girl . Things could get ugly !