Why become a member? ×

CURVED AIR

muso

I think you mean Sonja Kristina - yes she still fronts the band - we are on tour in the UK April 2013 so check the website - we amy be nearer than you think, and theres a new live album out at the mo - I think this is posted to the wrong forum.. should be in the gig one I think oops.

Curved Air....my all time fave band since about 1972!! Seen em a few times...including MK stables a coupla year back when Darryl had one of his hissy fits and you guys played a load of songs of my fave album Air Cut...Spoke to Sonja after. apparently she heard me whooping and hollering for all the Air Cut choons!

You say Live album coming, is that new stuff or old faves?

[size=2]edited for stupidity![/size]

Edited by Oopsdabassist

[quote name='muso' timestamp='1354201422' post='1883505']
I think you mean Sonja Kristina - yes she still fronts the band - we are on tour in the UK April 2013 so check the website - we amy be nearer than you think, and theres a new live album out at the mo - I think this is posted to the wrong forum.. should be in the gig one I think oops.
[/quote]

Thank you.

You can tell Sonja that she made me most happy as a teenager. I'm 58 now :rolleyes:

I have and love 'Air Cut' and I'll check out your gigs.

Peter

I think I have most of the CA back catalog in one format or another. If Muso has been in the band since 2008 I would have seen him play with them at the last High Voltage festival in Victoria Park. One of those bands I'd never seen as they had pretty much disappeared by the time I started going to see bands seriously. Was nice to finally see Sonia who plays it just right not taking herself too seriously but still delivering. It was interesting to hear her, difficult to pin it down but she does have quite an identifiable voice if you are familiar with the original recordings. Bit of a babe in her day too, rather like Jerney Kaagman of Earth & Fire from around the same period. I've noticed the gig at the y theatre in Leicester is the day before my birthday so I might just get down for that!

Edited by KevB

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1354288708' post='1884512']
Wasn't he married to Sonja Kristina?
[/quote]

Wikipedia says "[color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3]Copeland was romantically involved with Curved Air vocalist Sonja Kristina [/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3]beginning in 1974, and they were married from 1982 to 1991" :)[/size][/font][/color]

Edited by Sean

[quote name='ShergoldSnickers' timestamp='1354292072' post='1884569']
I have an original 'Air Conditioning' picture disc somewhere... hang on... found it. Next on the turntable I think. :)
[/quote]

Mate of mine had the picture disc, was damn near unplayable, he always envied me my normal vinyl one.

[quote name='Oopsdabassist' timestamp='1354350781' post='1885018']
Mate of mine had the picture disc, was damn near unplayable, he always envied me my normal vinyl one.
[/quote]

Yup - looked pretty enough spinning round, but sonically it was a distorted crackle fest. Good album though.

Yes Kirby probably did name the band after the tune - He played with us on stage in Frome in 2010 - I recall he was on "Purple speed Queen" and "Easy" though these performances weren't used on Live Atmosphere. Eddie Jobson also played with us in 2009 for a one off gig in Kent.

[quote name='muso' timestamp='1354201422' post='1883505']
[/quote]

I've got my tickets for the Beaverwood show booked already, I'll try to come over and say hello!

[quote name='peteb' timestamp='1354320289' post='1884929']
[color=#222222]If anyone is at the Rock n Blues on the Saturday night, I'm playing in what I believe is the last slot of the night (and apparently the only place where you can get a drink after midnight)![/color]
[/quote]
Yep me and a mate are going up for the weekend, it seemed good use of my remaining hols-am looking forward to it, see you there maybe. I haven't been to any of these before.