Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Trouble viewing site on my Android phone

mep

I have been happily viewing the site on my Samsung Galaxy S2 since I've had it. I liked the way the pages are viewed on the mobile screen and there was a great slide down menu to log in, view new content, notifications etc.

However, today when I loaded the pages they are viewed as if I was on a pc. This is a major hassle as I cannot navigate the site easily and have all but abandoned going on Basschat unless I'm on my laptop (as I am when creating this post). I have checked my settings, but nothing has changed or been updated to cause this. I also tried on my wife's phoned but that was the same. Plenty of other web pages display ok as they should for a mobile.

I will admit I don't know much about how web sites or smart phones deal with displaying web pages. Is there anything that has happened to the site that may cause this or am I missing something else?

I need my fix of BC on my mobile, so I hope someone can help.

Edit. BTW when viewing threads on the mobile there is no way I could find to go the last page, which is a hassle if you start looking at a long thread.

Edited by mep

I have the same issue via blackberry browser. It currently just loads the "full" PC view - which is way to slow and difficult to use on my phone. Does anyone know how to get back to the Lo-Fi version? Otherwise there's nowt to do on the bus.

Also agree about the inabilty to navigate to the last post using the mobile version. It would be great if that could get fixed!

Cheers