Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: Warwick Streamer Stage One 4 String

lukeward2004

Hi Folks,

Since the arrival of my Vigier Passion III 5er, I have found that I really have little or no use for my 4 string Streamer Stage One. Its a fantastic bass, but to be honest the Vigier covers all angles musically for me now and I simply dont touch this.

Its a 2000 model Warwick Streamer Stage One 4 string in Natural in excellent condition, with EMG P/J Pickups and Aguilar 2 Band Preamp. I got this as part of a trade from a fellow Basschat member about a year ago, and have to say its a real beats of a bass with loads of sounds made possible by the very powerful 18v Preamp.

If you can suffer my shoddy bass work, you can hear the bass in action with my funk band here:

[url="http://media.putfile.com/Projec13---Too-Young-to-Die-live-2008"]http://media.putfile.com/Projec13---Too-Yo...o-Die-live-2008[/url]

Overall id say its in great condition, with no dings or marks - there is a small amount of wear just above the P pickup where one might anchor the Thumb, but other than that its in top nick. It has recently had a fresh waxing and a nearly new set of Elixir Nanoweb roundwounds installed.

A Hard case and Warwick body wax + all truss rod tools are included with this. I guess cash offers of around £650 are about right for this bass, but ideally id love to trade for something.

Im currently GASsing for:

Lakland Darryl Jones 4/5 string
Musicman Stingray 3EQ
Musicman Sterling
A Decent 5 string Jazz Bass (im a big fan of the Marcus Miller tone and that vintage Jazz vibe)

Pics:

PM me!

[quote name='BassManKev' post='198089' date='May 13 2008, 04:29 PM']your fiver's fingerboard needs a bit of a clean matey! :)[/quote]

It does indeed - it also needs some new strings, but I havent had time to do either recently!

Ill be giving her some much needed TLC this weekend - and new strings on payday. It has just been gigged hard for the last year and half, so its about time I gave it a new set of strings and a good clean.

BUMP!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fantastic playing Luke! One of the best noises I've heard coming from a stage one for a while.

I'm thinking about getting another Warwick at the moment, but it would have to be a 5'er.

All the best with the sale and have a bump on me for your top drawer playin'!

NOW GONE!
Thanks for all the interest.

Alfie, I wish you had mentioned the Sterling to me sooner, I love those basses - but Ive just traded the SS1 for a nice Stingray 3EQ, and it is fantastic. Ill happily trade that for the sterling if you like mate?

Ill get some pics up soon.