Why become a member? ×

Android app idea

bremen

[quote name='bruno von' timestamp='1352292844' post='1861126']
ok, I wrote this app last night. I will publish it to playstore when i get home later, you any good at gfx design bremen? it could do with a nice app icon.
[/quote]

Nice work, and welcome to Bass Hat.

Me, design something visual? Ho! Ho! Shurely shome mishtake. Anyone?

[quote name='bruno von' timestamp='1352292844' post='1861126']
ok, I wrote this app last night. I will publish it to playstore when i get home later, you any good at gfx design bremen? it could do with a nice app icon.
[/quote]

Welcome ...and... by what name shall we find it in the appstore?

Hi thanks for the welcome's, Ill call it 'BPM Live'. Its quite simple but it works! Right now it just calculates a bpm from the last 2 taps, so its best to tap it a few times with the beat until you get the same reslt twice(or there abouts) just to ensure that you are giving it an accurate tap interval.

OK I just published to android play store, might take 30 minutes to go live..search for "bpm live".

As it stands the app looks a bit bleak, I didnt really focus on cosmetic design so if anyone has an idea for a color scheme etc post it here. Also right now when you are creating a live playlist, if you want to remove a song from the list you create then click the top button "clear", I will make it so you can remove songs individually tomorrow, sry bout this I fell asleep last night when i got to this part :D

step 1: tap the fingerprint to the time of some music, the bpm will show in the box.
step 2: enter a name for the song
step 3: click the "s" button to save that song and its bpm

Then click "Go live"...your songs will load....click on a the songs you want to jam to, in the oder you wish to jam them, once you have created a playlist click "start live" at the top
Then pass the phone to your drummer, whenever he wants to get a BPM he just clicks the song and it will flash to the speed of that song

Any other suggestions/improvements welcome etc etc. (a 72x72 app icon alpha allowed would be nice)

Edited by bruno von

Just downloaded and it works really well! Could we have an audio click/bleep as well which can be muted? I'll try and do a quick icon but design is not my forte!

EDIT: Here you go, it's crap, probably no better than nothing to be honest [url="http://creepjoint.co.uk/livebpm.jpg"]http://creepjoint.co.uk/livebpm.jpg[/url]

Edited by cheddatom

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1352374875' post='1862227']
Just downloaded and it works really well! Could we have an audio click/bleep as well which can be muted? I'll try and do a quick icon but design is not my forte!

EDIT: Here you go, it's crap, probably no better than nothing to be honest [url="http://creepjoint.co.uk/livebpm.jpg"]http://creepjoint.co.uk/livebpm.jpg[/url]
[/quote]

nice one cheddaton I shall add ur icon to the app some time today and i will also put in a beep sound as an option

EDIT: any chance i could get that icon in 512x512 too so I can add a featured graphic for the play store? :>

Edited by bruno von

[quote name='Samashton12' timestamp='1352293522' post='1861138']
Release it on Windows Phone Devices Too! Im a C# Developer, sounds relatively simple to do.
[/quote]

good idea man, I dont actually have a developer account with Windows Mobile ;< but you should go ahead and port it that would be coolio

Good (and impressively quick) work.

A slightly longer flash duration might help - some of them are quite short on my Galaxy Ace. It also might be an idea to be able to choose the flash colour - if the stage is washed in red light you might have difficulties seeing it. Another idea would to be able to overwrite a saved beat - just in case you got it wrong the first time.

[quote name='Norris' timestamp='1352380356' post='1862322']
Good (and impressively quick) work.

A slightly longer flash duration might help - some of them are quite short on my Galaxy Ace. It also might be an idea to be able to choose the flash colour - if the stage is washed in red light you might have difficulties seeing it. Another idea would to be able to overwrite a saved beat - just in case you got it wrong the first time.
[/quote]

thanks for testing it bud. very good idea i hadn't thought about lighting issues, will make these changes.

[quote name='Blademan_98' timestamp='1352404548' post='1862723']
I too have downloaded and had a play with this on my S2.

Nice little app, well done.

I did find the flash so brief I struggled to see it.

I will use it at the next rehearsal and let you know how it goes used in a real life situation :)

Good work.
[/quote]

thanks for testing it. I will make the flash length a little longer tomorrow.

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1352460154' post='1863301']
a choice of duration would be good, so you could set 10 seconds, or 2 minutes or infinite etc.
[/quote]

ok, will add this today, do you also have a bigger copy of ur icon? 512x512 would be cool i can then use it as the featured image in the appstore instead of my squiggle heh.

[quote name='Blademan_98' timestamp='1352404548' post='1862723']
I too have downloaded and had a play with this on my S2.

Nice little app, well done.

I did find the flash so brief I struggled to see it.

I will use it at the next rehearsal and let you know how it goes used in a real life situation :)

Good work.
[/quote]

the flash speed should be better now

something has gone a bit pete tong lol, i wil have it fixed before tonight its some WEIRD error that i cant get to the bottom of since the last upgrade i put on the market last night. Ill tell you when its done. If you are reading this post and I have not yet put up another post then dont download the app, wait a while please

Edited by bruno von

[quote name='bruno von' timestamp='1352475913' post='1863593']
something has gone a bi pete tong lol, i wil have it fixed before tonight its some WEIRD error that i cant get to the bottom of since the last upgrade i put on the market last night. Ill tell you when its done.
[/quote]

Great stuff, many thanks.

[quote name='bruno von' timestamp='1352483184' post='1863743']
i reverted back to the previous version, it will work for now however if the flashes are a bit short for you then dont worry i will manage to get that version back up tomorrow.
[/quote]

I have been having a play today and the flash length is not such a problem.

I have tried it in dim light (stage setting) and it is fine.

Thanks, it is a cool app :)