Why become a member? ×

Higgie's gear

Higgie

Zak - Thanks, it sounds epic too! I love this rig!

Silverfoxnik - Thanks alot, the P Bass is lovely. I picked it up on here a few months ago. It was an ABSOLUTE bargain. It was on here for a little while, and no one had picked it up yet so I couldn't believe my luck! I think people were put off by the fact it didn't have the original pickup. But put it this way - My dad has a JV P also, and he swapped his original pickup out for a Dimarzio after using my one for a couple of gigs!!

Manos - That is a gorgeous bass. I'd love to have one like that to match my 4!! Want to trade? You can keep your white pickup and pickguard - They look great but I'd prefer the pickguard and pickup from my 5 on the orange!! :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the comments guys :)

• 3 months later...

The fretless is a 1989 - It's in absolutely mint condition, and from the serial number I have deduced it was put together just a couple of months before I was born! It's nice to finally own a bass that's the same age as me :)

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Higgie' post='578323' date='Aug 23 2009, 06:53 PM']The fretless is a 1989 - It's in absolutely mint condition, and from the serial number I have deduced it was put together just a couple of months before I was born! It's nice to finally own a bass that's the same age as me :)[/quote]

Unlucky m8

I was born in 79 so the stingray 79 i think is better than your 89 one ahahhahahaha ahahah Is two band eq 2 :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: But is expensive and i cant get one :lol:

Edited by KERMITNT

Haha, I'm sure you'll get one eventually...My Dad had a 78 Stingray and it was GORGEOUS!!

In other news, I went to pick this bad boy up today:

It is facking LOVERLY

Not sure on many of the details about this bass, but the seller tells me it's a 1994 CIJ '72 Re-Issue - Does anyone else own something similar and can comment on it?

Cheers

Edited by Higgie

Thank you Steve - I believe I am VERY lucky to have the gear that I have, my Dad (who is also a bass player) always says what a git I am for finding all these lovely guitars, when he can't find just one lol

He's tried to steal my Precision off me numerous times :)

Thanks mate!

I agree about the AG500 width, but as you say it's not exactly a deal breaker.

The Precision is a Fender Squier JV Precision. I believe it is a '57 re-issue model due to the 2 tone sunburst. It's a 1982 model, and it's serial number dates it to within the first 6 months of production. At some point the original pickup was replaced with a DiMarzio Model P. I don't have the original, and even if I did I wouldn't put it back in, this bass sounds absolutely gorgeous as it is!

The best part about it was the price as it's not all original so I got it for a bargain!

Edited by Higgie

[quote name='Higgie' post='597590' date='Sep 13 2009, 07:14 PM']Thanks mate!

I agree about the AG500 width, but as you say it's not exactly a deal breaker.

The Precision is a Fender Squier JV Precision. I believe it is a '57 re-issue model due to the 2 tone sunburst. It's a 1982 model, and it's serial number dates it to within the first 6 months of production. At some point the original pickup was replaced with a DiMarzio Model P. I don't have the original, and even if I did I wouldn't put it back in, this bass sounds absolutely gorgeous as it is!

The best part about it was the price as it's not all original so I got it for a bargain![/quote]

Well if you ever find yourself wanting to part with the JV Squier can i have dibs? ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Higgie' post='596723' date='Sep 12 2009, 06:17 PM']Haha, I'm sure you'll get one eventually...My Dad had a 78 Stingray and it was GORGEOUS!!

In other news, I went to pick this bad boy up today:

It is facking LOVERLY

Not sure on many of the details about this bass, but the seller tells me it's a 1994 CIJ '72 Re-Issue - Does anyone else own something similar and can comment on it?

Cheers[/quote]

Never mind the bass (although it IS a beaut), I'm lovin' the shirt :)