Why become a member? ×

Higgie's gear

Higgie

[quote name='Basszilla' post='195558' date='May 9 2008, 04:59 PM']How did the dredgetone work out Higgie? Nice set up.

Those cabs look familiar as well ;-)[/quote]

The Dredgetone is a beautiful pedal. GREAT OD. Shame I had to give it back to Toasted :huh: I'm on the list for the second batch he is doing, so I should have one when they are available - It will go head to head with the MojoHand Cream Pie that I've got currently in it's place.

The cabs are great - I love them. They sound awesome with the Amp!! I only have the 15 plugged in at home, the input and output on the amp are both on 2 - Still get my sister screaming "It's too bloody loud!!!" :)

Don't forget - If your in London at all, gimme a shout ;)

[quote name='lukeward2004' post='195741' date='May 9 2008, 10:58 PM']Christ Higgie, you have upgraded quite a bit mate!

Loving the Lakland goodness, espesh the white one - pure sex my man, pure sex!

Dont suppose you fancy trading it for a Mint Streamer Stage One 4 string with EMG pickups and Aguilar 2 Band pre do you? [/longshot][/quote]

Hi Luke - yeah, I've been busy haha. Ooh, that is a tempting offer on the Warwick! What year is it, and what other specs?

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='196467' date='May 11 2008, 12:21 PM']Very nice set-up and those basses are a perfect match for each other!

And I love the fact that you have Basschat and your avatar visible on the computer screen in the photo of the rig...[/quote]

Thanks! - I agree, the basses are a perfect match, they go together so well!! The 4 reminds me of a 60's jazz bass, with the white/tort combo, and the 5 makes me think 70's with the black/black/maple...I love them to bits!

Haha, I was looking at other people's rigs at the time, and it inspired me to take my own pics :)

[quote name='stacedabass' post='196633' date='May 11 2008, 07:08 PM']hey higgie, was just wondering about the burkley flatliner power, i have been looking at these for a while as i have some pedals with different voltage's. Does the flatliner weigh alot? any hiss? Cheers Nick[/quote]

Hi mate - Sorry I didn't see this sooner!

The Flatliner does weigh quite a bit, but it has no hiss, and is the best power supply I've ever used. Fantastic piece of equipment! The best supply going if you need a couple of different voltages etc.

• 2 months later...

A bit of a late update, but here is the newest addition to the Higgie Bass Army!!

Sorry for the sh*te pic n'all, maybe better pics coming later if I be bothered!!

Edited by Higgie

[quote name='Higgie' post='258090' date='Aug 8 2008, 01:56 PM']A bit of a late update, but here is the newest addition to the Higgie Bass Army!!

Sorry for the sh*te pic n'all, maybe better pics coming later if I be bothered!![/quote]
Nice. I've just taken 'loan' of a pre-EB 'Ray and can see it usurping me GL Jazz!

• 7 months later...

Ok, it's been way too long without updating this!! My gear has yet again drastically changed. No pics as of yet because I'm more wicked and lazy than David Byrne, but should have some pics in the next few weeks with some Aggie and Squier JV goodness :)

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Aguilar cab came in today, so as promised:

A quick rundown:

Basses (L-R):

Musicman Stingray 5 w/ Nordstrand 5.2 pickup
Musicman Stingray 4 w/ Nordstrand 4.2 pickup and Hipshot Detuner
Squier JV P Bass w/ Dimarzio Model P pickup
Lakland DJ4 w/ J Retro, Aero pickups and Hipshot Detuner

Rig:

Aguilar AG500SC w/ Chocolate Thunder Headcase
Aguilar DB112 in Chocolate Thunder
Aguilar DB112NT in Chocolate Thunder (No Tweeter)

Pedals (R-L):

Boss OC-2
Tonefactor TB Edition Cream Pie
Xotic X-Blender>Send
BYOC Swollen Pickle/Muff clone
Crowther Prunes and Custard
Return>Xotic
Korg DT-10BK tuner

I only gig the Stingray 4 currently as it seems to fit the bill for the stuff I play, and with the Detuner means it can cope with both tunings we play in (Standard and Drop D). Haven't had the need to go any lower yet, but as soon as we do, that's where the 5 will come in :)

Ok, used the rig for the first time last night, and it was totally AWESOME! Completely spectacular in every sense. Fat pumping bass...I had my reservations about whether or not 2 single 12's would pump out enough low end in a band situation, and I'm so delighted to be proven wrong. Absolutely thunderous rig. Can't see me wanting to change it for at least a couple months! :)