Why become a member? ×

Hi from The Netherlands

Basvarken

[color=#330000]
[b]My name is Rob van den Broek. I live in a village called Velp (near Arnhem) in The Netherlands. I was born in 1968. I've been a music lover since I was very young. My first recollection of enjoying music was when my mother was vacuum cleaning the house, I crept under the cupboard where the speakers of the hifi installation stood. With my ears pressed to the cloth of the speakers I tried not to miss a single note. I think I was three years of age. When I was twelve I started with a classical training on the spanish guitar. And I have been playing (bass) in bands since I was fifteen. And I still perform and record. Mainly with my band Superfloor and another band called Definition Of MadMen.[/b][/color][color=#330000]
[b]I am not an average bass player with a Fender Jazz bass. I am a Gibson fan. I own 13 bass guitars. None of them are Fenders.[/b][/color][color=#330000]
[b]But it was a copy of a fifties Precision bass that caught my attention of the Czech brand BaCH. This wasn't a slavish copy, but an all mahogany version of this iconic bass. A nice hybrid between Gibson and Fender. That got me thinking… about a Non Reverse Thunderbird. So I got in touch with BaCH and they told me they'd build anything if I'f order 25 pieces or more.[/b][/color][color=#330000]
[b]I gave BaCH drawings, specifications, pictures measurements etc. I and coördinated the Non Reverse Thunderbird project just for fun. Because I wanted a NR Tbird myself. The result was stunning. The craftsmen form Czechia got very close to the original. I was impressed and so were the 50 participants who bought a "BaCHbird" as it was soon baptized. My email box started to fill up with questions from all over the world about BaCHbirds and other BaCH instruments. Guess you could say it got so successful that I decided to take it to a professional level.[/b][/color][color=#330000]
[b]Later I initiated another project with BaCH; the Fenderbird. After the legendary bass of the late John Entwistle. Plus we've been working on a semi acoustic bass, inspired by the EB2 and Rivoli basses from the sixties. I've been getting orders for other bass guitars -and six string guitars too- from all over the world. So it's slowly but surely getting out of hand a bit, haha.[/b][/color][color=#330000]
[b]Another hobby of mine is building my own bass guitars myself. The knowledge and skills that I've gathered over the years help me with my business as a bass and guitar retailer. I check every single guitar or bass that arrives here. And if necessary I give it a set-up, intonate it, etc. If it doesn't meet my standards I send it back. Simple as that.[/b][/color][color=#330000]
[b]My "real" profession is Graphic Designer. That is what pays my mortgage ;-)[/b][/color]
[color=#330000]
[b]If any of you guys ( and girls) have questions about BaCH basses, don't hesitate to send me a PM or email.[/b][/color]
[color=#330000]
[b]cheers, Rob[/b][/color]

Hoi Rob,

Welkom hier op BC.
Ik hoop dat je het hier leuk vindt.

Wel uitkijken met de overgang tussen privépersoon op een basforum en handelaar die reklame wil maken. Enthousiasme is een ding - verkopen iets heel anders. Ja, ik schrijf dit bewust niet in de meest gangbare taal hier.

Veel plezier!
bert

Dankje Bert,

ik ben voornamelijk bassist. En ik vind het leuk om deel te nemen aan discussies / verhalen over bassen en basversterkers.
Ik ga er geen reclame zuil van maken ;-)

Thanx Bert,
first and foremost, I'm a bass player. I like to participate in discussions / stories about basses and bass amps.
I won't turn it into one big commercial ;-)

cheers, Rob