Why become a member? ×

Cheap Octave Pedal

markbass555

OK al stick my neck out here.
yep the Berhinger to me tracks better than the boss, and i like the sound better it seems warmer.
i have tried and still have a few oct pedals. even the boss bass synth and the Digitech bass envelope filter
which has a sort of synth octave on it
both not as good as the behringer, i know pino used a boss oc2 which to me is better sounding than the 3 but even this
when i play fretless does not sound as good as the Behringer UO300, or the newer SO400
the switch on the left on the UO3 has a high mid and low when its on low its muddy like the boss keep it on mid
and keep the other 2nd low oct knob to 0 and its a tight stevie wonderish sound

Just try one see if it works for you, if not sell it... easy ;)

Edited by funkgod

I've got a Chord OC-50 (I think) OC2 clone and it's brilliant. you can choose between 1 octave down (with variable distortion from zero to RAAAHHHH!!!) and a sub as well - the sub has its own volume control too. Cast metal case and MUCH sturdier footswitch than the Behringer kit.

Might be a little but pricier than the Behringer kit, but they're roughly £35 - £40 notes including P and P. No brainer.

[quote name='markbass555' timestamp='1351078175' post='1846961']
Much you want for it?
[/quote]

Nothing. It works, but the knobs have gone missing. The shafts are there so you can still change settings.
I'll have to find it first, I've recently moved house so things are in boxes.

PM me an address and I'll send it ASAP.

[quote name='bartelby' timestamp='1351079260' post='1846988']
Nothing. It works, but the knobs have gone missing. The shafts are there so you can still change settings.
I'll have to find it first, I've recently moved house so things are in boxes.

PM me an address and I'll send it ASAP.
[/quote]

Wow thanks ...... Isnt this forum just the best? :biggrin:

[quote name='paul torch' timestamp='1351684988' post='1854095']
This may be stupid question, is there an octave pedal that takes the original not up an octave? Everyone I've looked at only seems to take it down an octave.
[/quote]

A few EHX ones do, try POG, HOG and even the Microsynth. Also a couple of Boss pedals will do it, as well as the Foxrox Octron

Edited by Roland Rock

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1351685456' post='1854101']
A few EHX ones do, try POG, HOG and even the Microsynth. Also a couple of Boss pedals will do it, as well as the Foxrox Octron
[/quote]

I used a Micro Pog once that was lying around the studio. With the higher octave setting at the same level as the dry signal it pulled off a very convincing 8-string impression... Very impressive. Cue band jam of Achilles Last Stand. :D

There's the Akai Unibass if you can find one, which adds an octave up to your original signal, plus a fifth above if required. Has distortion and noise gate built in, I'm still experimenting with mine and running the octave signal into the pa rather than through the bass amp, sounds better.

Or, there was a link on here with details of a discount code for Mooer pedals from a dealer in the states recently. They have a pedal that might do the octave up thing for you, though you may need to split the signal if you want to retain your original note too. Think these were about £30-£40 with the discount.