Why become a member? ×

Can anyone help me ID this Warwick Bass guitar

sheldon

Might be a Corvette proline? Looks like a bubinga body and wenge neck. Is there a serial number anywhere on the headstock? That will tell you more about the date..

Actually looks more like this;

http://www.warwick.de/modules/produkte/produkt.php?katID=24373&cl=EN

Edited by woolf

A Warwick bass’s serial number can be found on its headstock. Until 1988, it could be found on top of the headstock. Between 1989 and 2007, it was placed between the machine heads on the back of the headstock. Since the end of 2007 it has been placed below the machine heads.

[quote name='dwh87' timestamp='1350422644' post='1838801']
A Warwick bass's serial number can be found on its headstock. Until 1988, it could be found on top of the headstock. Between 1989 and 2007, it was placed between the machine heads on the back of the headstock. Since the end of 2007 it has been placed below the machine heads.
[/quote]

The serial number was still on the top of the headstock in 1991-92 (and I have seen 'one' bass from 93 with it on the top of the headstock)!

As has been said it is a bubinga body Corvette NOT a Thumb! If you bought it from ebay and paid via paypal lodge a complaint asap and demand a refund... unless you paid a pittance for it! ;)

Yep, that's a 90s German Warwick Corvette, not a Thumb.

But on the plus side, it's the same body wood as the Thumb (bubinga, instead of the more common ash for Corvettes), and the same neck wood as Thumbs from the same period. Of course, it's a bolt-on, but so are some Thumbs. In some sense the only real differences are the pups and electronics (which could easily be swapped for the same kit as is in a Thumb), and the body shape, which is much more curvaceous on a Thumb. And the body shape actually balances far better on a Corvette than on a Thumb.

[quote name='mart' timestamp='1350459115' post='1839014']
Yep, that's a 90s German Warwick Corvette, not a Thumb.

But on the plus side, it's the same body wood as the Thumb (bubinga, instead of the more common ash for Corvettes), and the same neck wood as Thumbs from the same period. Of course, it's a bolt-on, but so are some Thumbs. In some sense the only real differences are the pups and electronics (which could easily be swapped for the same kit as is in a Thumb), and the body shape, which is much more curvaceous on a Thumb. And the body shape actually balances far better on a Corvette than on a Thumb.
[/quote]

This.
If it stays on your knee when seated, it's not a Thumb. They're like the lemming of the bass world.

Oups.. The Thumbs around the nineties always had the pick up inclined. The serial was removed . No doubt .. Me be to create a doubt... At least the neck is the good one full wenge. You are not very far from the sound of a thumb ... May be even better, I would say that the neck pick up is a little warmer here. The mix bubinga/wenge is definitely a good mix for growl ...

Also from my knowledge , most thumb are active/passive bass ,with a 3 eq stack push pull ...this one looks like a passive ..

If we talk about price . I would say that A thumb bolt active on from that area can sell from 900 to 1200€ , a corvette , I would say from 600€ to 800€ ...

In terms of balance it was said before the corvette balances better . At the end the corvette makes more sense as a good bass to do everything ... And is a keeper...

[quote name='Ollie73' timestamp='1350519242' post='1840116']
If we talk about price . I would say that A thumb bolt active on from that area can sell from 900 to 1200€ , a corvette , I would say from 600€ to 800€ ...
[/quote]

It may be in Belgium but your pricing is a bit optimistic for the UK, especially the Corvette. ;)