Why become a member? ×

Muse Madness

lowregisterhead

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1350078987' post='1834470']
Well, I think that's pretty cool. I think it's easy to forget that a massive amount of work goes in to developing and delivering a touring show.

It's a shame you can't post too much information about it, but can understand why. Nevertheless, it's great to have heard a bit about it. So it was mainly for lighting, or stage power / FOH too? Either way, it sounds like a massive set of plans!
[/quote]

+1. What a fantastic job!

[quote name='Blademan_98' timestamp='1350080460' post='1834491']
It is all for the lights and LCD displays.

The show is quite something :)

Hopefully I will be allowed to post more info in time.
[/quote]

Please do, it make interesting reading. I used to work for a speaker company building bespoke PA systems for the big names so I love this sort of thing.

[quote name='Blademan_98' timestamp='1350073461' post='1834393']
Around three months ago, my company were asked if we could design and supply a power and data distribution system for a well known band.
I came up with a 3D design and after a few tweaks it was accepted.
Then I was sworn to secrecy and the band name was revealed to me. I like Muse and I was really proud to be a part of the whole thing.
I have been itching to tell people but apart from being forbidden, the negativity around here also put me off (this must be the third anti muse thread!).

Finally, the system was delivered and it all works great :)

I have photo's but sadly, again, I have been forbidden from posting them.

Without my system, the show would indeed be very dark lol.
[/quote]

You certainly do a very cool job indeed, without which Muse wouldn't be lauded by many (including, perhaps slightly oddly, Steve Wright) as 'the best live band in the world'. Despite the various machinations on here about the band's current output, I didn't start this thread with the intention of it being in any way 'anti-Muse'. I'm a fan - I'm just struggling a little to get my head around the new material, and would hate it if they ended up being a parody of themselves. As has been demonstrated countless times in the past, in the insular world of rock stardom it's equally easy to veer towards musical absurdity as well as brilliance.

[quote name='lowregisterhead' timestamp='1350114270' post='1834643']
You certainly do a very cool job indeed, without which Muse wouldn't be lauded by many (including, perhaps slightly oddly, Steve Wright) as 'the best live band in the world'. Despite the various machinations on here about the band's current output, I didn't start this thread with the intention of it being in any way 'anti-Muse'. I'm a fan - I'm just struggling a little to get my head around the new material, and would hate it if they ended up being a parody of themselves. As has been demonstrated countless times in the past, in the insular world of rock stardom it's equally easy to veer towards musical absurdity as well as brilliance.
[/quote]

Fair enough :)

I love my job and it has been very hard not to talk about the various projects I have worked on :(

No one usually sees the backstage stuff but when I watch a band I'm (sadly) thinking of how it all goes together and who won the contract!

[quote name='Blademan_98' timestamp='1350116198' post='1834670']
Fair enough :)

I love my job and it has been very hard not to talk about the various projects I have worked on :(

No one usually sees the backstage stuff but when I watch a band I'm (sadly) thinking of how it all goes together and who won the contract!
[/quote]

Very cool job!

I've found myself getting quite disappointed in Muse over the last two albums. If they were starting from scratch I might appreciate the material more but I have something better (IMO) to compare back to. See also Biffy Clyro's downward (IMO) trajectory over the last three albums from their great earlier material.

for every fan they're lost i'm sure they've more than offset with new fans. While I don't like their direction I can only respect their attitude - they seem to do whatever they want, rather than trying to reproduce what the fans liked in the first place.

At least they're doing something different!

Well I wasnt a massive fan of Muse but I really like Madness and Panic Station from the new album, perhaps because it doesnt sound like 'typical' Muse? I dont know but they are cool tunes and I have to say the two songs that Chris Wolstenholm wrote and sang on the album are great too, I think hes got a superb voice and wouldnt mind hearing more from him.

[quote name='SoVeryTired' timestamp='1350338435' post='1837643']

Very cool job!

I've found myself getting quite disappointed in Muse over the last two albums. If they were starting from scratch I might appreciate the material more but I have something better (IMO) to compare back to. See also Biffy Clyro's downward (IMO) trajectory over the last three albums from their great earlier material.
[/quote]

Everything after Infinity Land is a bit safe I think, like they're trying to cling onto the wider popularity that Puzzle brought them.
Only Revolutions was even more radio friendly than Puzzle, maybe due to record label interference? I hope the new album is better.

[quote name='Jack Cahalane' timestamp='1350396583' post='1838231']
Everything after Infinity Land is a bit safe I think, like they're trying to cling onto the wider popularity that Puzzle brought them.
Only Revolutions was even more radio friendly than Puzzle, maybe due to record label interference? I hope the new album is better.
[/quote]

That matches my feelings. The first three albums are all great in different ways, then Puzzle was a bit more straightforward radio-friendly rock, Only Revolutions even more so, and I'm not holding out much hope based on the latest single.

Anyway, apologies for the thread derail - back to Muse...