Why become a member? ×

Look what I got!!

thumperbob 2002

Its a Mackie 1608dl. Amazing piece of kit this. This is a wireless mixer that uses an Ipad for processing. It will mean that I can soundcheck the band out front and adjust all parameters with my Ipad so there is no tooing and frooing to the stage to adjust. Loads of effects, compression, really quality sound. Wireless works perfectly.

I cannot imagine anything as revolutionary as this for your normal band. 16 channel inputs ( more than we need and there is 7 of us) . 6 Auxilliaries. This can use up to ten Ipads so each member of the band can sort their own monitors etc. We do four residencies so saving the mix as a snapshot is so useful.

Really happy with it. Welcome to the future.

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1349345180' post='1824928']
I like fountain pens....
[/quote]Yeah I have a Mont Blanc- great piece of kit but for a mixer- it sucks!

But I think you are referring to the Snapshot of remembering the settings for various gigs. I can see that as we have so many residencies that because the Ipad remembers these setting, for future gigs just a signal check will be fine- therefore saving so much time and hassle. Getting to a gig an hour later? certainly will.

I was referrihg to the fact that my little head increasingly struggles to figure out these complicated devices and that I am beginning to realise why my 100 year old Nan, despite being able to make awedding dress with a roll of fabric and a needle, couldn't work an electric can opener!

[quote name='thumperbob 2002' timestamp='1349344438' post='1824909']
Its a Mackie 1608dl. Amazing piece of kit this. This is a wireless mixer that uses an Ipad for processing. It will mean that I can soundcheck the band out front and adjust all parameters with my Ipad so there is no tooing and frooing to the stage to adjust. Loads of effects, compression, really quality sound. Wireless works perfectly.

[b]I cannot imagine anything as revolutionary as this for your normal band.[/b] 16 channel inputs ( more than we need and there is 7 of us) . 6 Auxilliaries. This can use up to ten Ipads so each member of the band can sort their own monitors etc. We do four residencies so saving the mix as a snapshot is so useful.

[b]Really happy with it. Welcome to the future.[/b]
[/quote]

[url="http://line6.com/stagescape-m20d/"]http://line6.com/stagescape-m20d/[/url]

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a m20d, Within a hour of opening the box I had most things sorted in my head and using deep tweaking mode, Its really a superb bit of kit I've been doing sound for 20 odd years and I suppose that helps but the innovation of the desk stands out in a few areas for me,

Monitoring is so easy and XLR outputs not 1/4,
The Auto trim mode on the inputs (Keeps all the gain levels the same even if Mr Guitar cranks his amp),
The audition mode to set levels and the ability to record all the gig with no external recorder to mix down later.
No feedback.
iPad mixing.
Easy navigation and monitoring when playing.

I know most digital desks have some/most feature but I've owned a few and this is easier to control when your playing too.Really impressed TBH.

Swanbrook how are you getting on with yours?

It's pretty cool ! They really are the way forward
I played a large venue and got to crank it up to ten and it was great. It has cut my rack of out boards and eq's to .... Well just the desk and power amps.love the pre set eq and gates for the drums they never sounded as full

I play the same 15 ish venues so saving the settings for each room is brilliant

Yup loving it so far

• 2 months later...

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1359668878' post='1958659']
This one is especially for Bilbo... talking of the future, get your head around this -

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVV72uhPNIQ[/media]
[/quote]

Jesus Christ. What the actual f***? I think I have just rendered myself infertile and pallid-looking through expansive feelings of human inadequacy.