Why become a member? ×

Melvin LEE Davis...

bubinga5

I went to London recently, to the jazz cafe, and met up with a long time friend of mine called Mario Moya.. hes a producer from Mexico.. he does some very cool stuff, but recently while in Mexico, he got a guy called Melvin L Davis to play on some of his music... not sure if any of you guys/girls have heard of him... hes always been a favorite bassist of mine... so i was blown away that Mario got him one his projects... anyways this is Melvin with Lee Ritenour on great form.. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmsmtF9wMjc[/media]

Edited by bubinga5

Love Ritenour's matching guitar and shirt!

Pretty amazing playing by all. Is his Jazz bridge pup abnormally close to the bridge? Very nice, top class stuff.

Personally I feel I've outgrown slap somehow, could certainly never do it to this sort of standard but wonder if this has now past. No doubt he does the fingers as impeccably!

There are certainly some incredible young drummers coming out of the States recently. what fun Lee must have playing with people of this quality.

He's on the new Lee Ritenour album and plays great as usual.Ace player.

(In fact,everyone should check out the new Ritenour album 'Rhythm Sessions'...As well as
Davis,it also has bass work by Marcus,Tal,McBride,Stanley,East and Chuck Berghofer. It's a killer
album with all star players.)

MLD is superb....
Another one for checking out Lee [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ritenour and 'Rhythm Sessions', great playing all round.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Great stuff.[/font][/color]

G[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]arry[/font][/color]