Why become a member? ×

Hello from South Wales

MarkWJenkins

Hey Mark,

Welcome to BC!
Nice to see another Welshy, even though you guys do tend to be half of the membership here anyway.
Me, I decided in 2004 that Welshland was my second or third home country, but that was before my campervan almost was blown away at South Stack near Holyhead.

Anyway, enjoy the site, and be careful getting to know people here. Dodgy people, and they'll get you smitten with bad cases of GAS disease.

best,
bert

They dont respond very well to defectors.

I was very glad to move from Tumble to the Carmarthen metropolis but i was harangued as i walked through the village after.

There must be about 8 of us from this county.

Ive got a few mates from the bont, i havent seen them for years by now.

Edited by Voodoosnake

I'm up there from Devon once every 4 weeks, visiting my 17 month old son. My life has become the reality version of 'Gavin and Stacey', except the flipping bridge is 6 quid now, not £5.10! If I could find work (and/or) a band up there I'd consider moving back. I shall be in Caerphilly tomorrow in fact watching the Tour of Britain with him.

Thor Williams, Chris Bevan, Dorian Walters, Steve Clarke, Rob Elias, Carleton Simmons and family.

Spent a few boozy evenings in the 'Sheaf'

Were all about 40 and above now :-(

Lol @ esgidiaur cwm. My mates mother owns that.

Most of us still gigging though

Edited by Voodoosnake

Welcome..

Gee I haven't heard of Man since the mid 70s..... I used to deliver newspapers for the guitarist I think who used to own Glanmor Post Office Uplands Swansea .... And we used to sit on the wall outside his window on a sunny say listening to him jamming... Oh yeah and I went to see them at the Top Rank in 1974 the night before my Welsh O Level...got pissed and woken up by a bouncer under the staircase at 2am.... Yeah, I failed it :-) enjoyed the gig though :-)

Edited by Mr Fretbuzz

Indeed, theres a great deal of musical talent in this town.. Its a shame not many people go to local gigs anymore though! I try to go to as many as I possibly can (not counting the gigs I do with my band, or filling in for other bands/groups) just to learn, meet people and see some great talents! All worth it the end really!