Why become a member? ×

I need a good bass amp.

JustAverageMax

[quote name='Musky' timestamp='1347320527' post='1799419']
Yep. Buying a used Peavey, Ashdown, Hartke and also Trace Elliot are fairly standard recommendations in this price bracket. All decent, all reliable, all available cheaply.
[/quote]

Yep, can`t go wrong with any of those. All good makes, and with budget available you should easily get a giggable rig.

[indent=1]Ditto the advice above.[/indent]
[indent=1]There are Laney and Ashdown comobs in the classifieds section at the moment. Alternatively if you can find another £25 or so the new TC BG250 combo is supposed to be pretty good, although you won't be able to add an extension cab to it like you can with the first two I mentioned.[/indent]
[indent=1]Cheers[/indent]
[indent=1]Geoff[/indent]

All the advice above is spot on. I would add, though, that Ashdown sound great but can be unreliable!

I recently got a seccond hand Hartke HA3500 and it's superb. Go for the Hartke LH500...That's the one that was highly praised and recommended to me as well. Thomann have them for £236!!

...But Trace Elliot and Peavey are also good reliable 'trouser vibrators' too!

300 notes should get you a used Hartke LH500 and an average 1x15 cab. That would do you for a lot of venues. In time you can add extra cabs and/or upgrade the cabs. Of all the 'budget' gear the LH500 stands out by a mile IMO. Great sound and reliability.