Why become a member? ×

Octave pedal recommendations?

fraff

Hello folks

I'm looking at running an octave pedal on one loop of my LS2 whilst the other loop creates crazy synthy fuzz from my shiny new Subdecay Noise Box (cheers Shep). Currently using the octave setting on my BSW for this, but this obviously adds a synthy tone - and I've got plenty of synth from the noise box!

So, a straightforward brief - fairly 'clean' sounding octave down pedal, octave up a bonus, blend also a bonus but far from essential, budget up to say £40-£50 secondhand.

Any tips?

Thanks!!

The leading candidates will be the mxr as mentioned above- although I wouldn't describe it as clean per se, more growly.
The ebs - new around £100 so s/h should be £60-£70. less growly than the mxr, and what I would call clean
The dod octoplus- highly underrated pedal. The only octave I have found that gives you a tone control for the effected octave. Should be found for around £40 ish.
Hth

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1347004923' post='1795791']
I thought the BSW did a fairly clean octave tone, you just have to roll all the synth sound off. I can't remember which control it is but it has to be all the way anti-clockwise.
[/quote]
Thanks - I think you're right. Will give it a further play before I dip a toe in the octave market. But thanks for the octave tips above - will follow up if the BSW doesn't come up trumps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

+1 for the Digitech BSW with sens and range rolled right off (to the left) and control at 12 o'clock.

I use a few of the other settings too, but find that I just need to change the type setting to get what I need from these with the sens and range still flat.So the clean octave sound is always there when needed.

• 2 months later...