Why become a member? ×

September Composition Competition!

charic

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1348490666' post='1814207']
Out of interest, what software do you use for generating audio from images? I'd like to try this out myself some time.
[/quote]

I used the Import > Raw Data... function in Audacity and then tried the different data interpreters until I got some interesting waveforms and not just digital pink noise from start to finish.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1348492965' post='1814248']I used the Import > Raw Data... function in Audacity and then tried the different data interpreters until I got some interesting waveforms and not just digital pink noise from start to finish.[/quote]

Aaah, clever! I'm definitely going to try that. I use Audacity all the time but never even knew it was capable of this. Great piece of software.

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1348493015' post='1814249']I think you can use jitter for stuff like that too[/quote]

Cheers Charic, I've never heard of Jitter but will check it out.

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1348441783' post='1813778']
Wow. Super smooth tone and great playing - I wish I had your skills! I like how it builds momentum from start to finish; very natural and the change around 2 minutes is great. Mix sounds fine on my headphones.[/quote]

Thanks mate, enjoyed doing this, Looking forward to seeing the next picture and giving it another bash!

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1348436085' post='1813701']
Nice work Mornats! You've got a good tone on your bass and I love the chords that kick in around 1:25 (my favourite melody in the whole track - really nice). The drums are solid too, they almost sound as though played live (maybe they were?).

The mix itself sounds good through my headphones; well balanced and nicely produced.
[/quote]

Cheers mate :) This is the result of my first bass lesson (new fingering techniques that have really helped). The drums are actually EZdrummer with a nice bit of room added. Amazing software I have to admit.