Why become a member? ×

'NBD:- Fender CIJ 70's RI P Bass

Pow_22

Just took the plunge for my 30th Birthday and ordered a Black/Black/Rosewood 70's RI P Bass from japan. Looks awsome on all the pics ive been emailed. All i plan to do is stick my usual flats on it and get the chrome covers added. The scrath plate already has holes drill for the pup cover so hopefully as long as i get a genuine fender cover if should fit straight on. Pics to follow when it arrives this week

Wow, im not normally a maple OR fretless guy but that looks stunning. Cant wait for it to arrive (bit nervous about what her majesty's will take mind). The seller has agreed to note a much cheaper price on the label and note it as a gift but dont think itll work to be honest. Hopefully they'll go easy on me :)

[sup]It is Parcel Force (EMS in Jap). I dont know where it is exactky at the mo. Just says ''International Hub'' on the tracker and that it is awaiting Customs. As soon as it gets to the 'Awaiting Pament' stage ill find out where it is and go get her! :)[/sup]

An Ebay shop called Yuma. They have great feedback from international customers and when i enquired i got emailed 70 detailed pictures of the bass. Big gamble i know but ive looked EVERYWHERE for this bass in this colour scheme and at the price (£460 for the bass and delivery plus whatever HM throw at it) i couldnt resist

Yup, I love mine! Here's my build diary from stock to 'John Deacon Tribute' 1986 period.

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/87360-deacon-ification-fender-cij-non-export-70s-pbass/

You're gonna love it when it arrives!

Just to add to the older thread - both basses were sunburst and he had both stripped. I rememberf seeing the band at Portsmouth Guildhall on their first tour and thought the two sunburst basses was the coolest sight on the planet. Probably the actual reason I take two sunburst basses with me to gigs - rather than the spare 'in case' excuse I tell other people who ask!!

[quote name='Pow_22' timestamp='1346079319' post='1784952']
Just took the plunge for my 30th Birthday and ordered a Black/Black/Rosewood 70's RI P Bass from japan. Looks awsome on all the pics ive been emailed. All i plan to do is stick my usual flats on it and get the chrome covers added. The scrath plate already has holes drill for the pup cover so hopefully as long as i get a genuine fender cover if should fit straight on. Pics to follow when it arrives this week
[/quote]

Sounds like a lovely bass! Out of interest, which site did you order from? I've got a hankering for a Japanese P Bass.

[quote name='Pow_22' timestamp='1346419199' post='1789016']
Still bassless. It arrived at the International Hub (Coventry i believe) on the 28th and its still with awaiting customs :(
[/quote]

I got mine from Yuma too. Great service... but It took 8 working days at customs.

Keep watching the Parcel Force site - as soon as it says "Duty to be paid" - don't wait for the letter with the charges, just phone them up. They'll be able to find it without any reference numbers - then you can pay over the phone and get it delivered the next day.

Edited by fretmeister

[quote name='Pow_22' timestamp='1346685120' post='1791900']
Movement! Bass us now awaiting charges. Only thing is when i try and ring them to get the code to pay its just an automated machine that dosent guve the option. Just says "await your letter then pay online" :(
[/quote]c'mon pow22 this is like a soap opera, i can't wait til you get it!!!