Why become a member? ×

Rainy day "downer" music

Pinball

Hi, its rainy, its a bank holiday and I have to work. What music do you find brings you "down" so much that it hurts?

I'll start us off with one that I find hard to handle. 1st up Johnny cash. I find it so depressing but I love it and can only bear to listen to it occasionally.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp4UI_FxGLE[/media]

Garbage (I love em) have lots of tracks that fit the bill. I wanted to put up Fix me now but there isn't a decent video so this will do seeing as its raining here.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esEdC0c3YI4[/media]

I would love to hear more music to add to my mysery :rolleyes:

Edited by Pinball

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1346060318' post='1784534']
why why why, would I want to listen to something that makes me feel even more down?

what is needed is cheer up songs :)
[/quote]

AAh that sounds like the follow up thread :D
I wish I hadn't started it now, its getting dreary, I prefer aggressive dreary

Edited by Pinball

[quote name='Pinball' timestamp='1346058558' post='1784491']
Hi, its rainy, its a bank holiday and I have to work. What music do you find brings you "down" so much that it hurts?

I'll start us off with one that I find hard to handle. 1st up Johnny cash. I find it so depressing but I love it and can only bear to listen to it occasionally.

I would love to hear more music to add to my mysery :rolleyes:
[/quote]

I had a wierd experience with the Johnny Cash track - loved the album and had it in the car. Gave my very poorly (now departed) mum a lift while she was in a very bad way both physically and mentally. The album came on and I suddenly realised it probably wasn't the most appropriate and went to switch it off but my mum said leave it on - she really liked it. When we got to her home she asked me for a copy and listened to it regularly!! Must have freaked out the care workers frm time to time :o