Why become a member? ×

Worthy bit of DIY? ;)

stingrayPete1977

I have been putting this off for ages while doing other jobs in the house but the wife is working late, no one is falling out on basschat and I should be doing some reading practice (as you can see from the stand in the pic) but I have finally finished the wall of lovely basses and one token guitar of EBMM decent naturally!
[attachment=116345:guitars on hooks.jpg]

My acoustic bass is on a stand in our bedroom but I have one more hook left for the back bedroom for my electro acoustic guitar to go on but I have lent it out at the moment so I'm not sure exactly where to screw it yet. I want to swap the guitar for a Classic Ray5 at some point but I'm happy so far :D

That little box room has a built in wardrobe which I have lined with carpet, it houses about 6 cases at the front with two deep shelves at the back for all my other gear and what not, it's basically the same depth as the width of the stairs below it. I have a double drawer dressing table that houses the laptop and all that stuff, and shelves with power amp, guitar amp, drum machine etc etc all wired up through a pair of speakers either side of the table, there is everything you could need all in that little room! :)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1345668936' post='1780355']
That little box room has a built in wardrobe which I have lined with carpet, it houses about 6 cases at the front with two deep shelves at the back for all my other gear and what not, it's basically the same depth as the width of the stairs below it. I have a double drawer dressing table that houses the laptop and all that stuff, and shelves with power amp, guitar amp, drum machine etc etc all wired up through a pair of speakers either side of the table, there is everything you could need all in that little room! :)
[/quote]lovely, ive no longer a spare room cos of daughter No 2 so all my gear is piled up in the corner of our bedroom, apart from my 2 cabs that are in a lock up in the garden.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1345669566' post='1780366']
Yes my cabs live in the kitchen/diner but they don't look to bad as they have roq solid covers fitted, another good reason for verticle stacked cabs over 4x10's etc.
[/quote]My cabs weigh a ton (4x10 gk and 1x15 peavey) surely i deserve better after 30 yrs of playing.. But my markbass head is the same weight as a cotton wall ball

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1345671783' post='1780420']
Some kind of collapsible cabs would be cool, must be possible? Neoprene cones that can just be folded up.
[/quote]

Yeah, rubber inflatable cabs - they'd (obviously) be sealed, so have infinite baffle, and they'd make squeaky farty noises as you inflated them, ( like inexperienced campers going at it on an air bed) which is fun for [i]everybody[/i]. :gas:

Well jel of your neatly arranged basses hanging from the wall. Mine (7 in total, with the uprights) are on stands or in soft gigbags (kept vertically and not leaning on anything) in a corner of the room. And I'm "lucky" that I don't play live, so I've only got one practice amp...

Edited by bluejay